Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our Proposal & Tendering team within our Rail Automation Communication and Information Systems business in Ashby. Reporting into the Senior Bid Manager the individual will work closely with Bid Managers and the core bid team to develop cost models/ tools to support the pricing & estimating of sales opportunities.
The job includes the collation and consolidation of estimates for multidisciplinary projects and liaising with subject matter experts from across the business to obtain estimates, ultimately in order to provide customers with project pricing. They will be also be expected to work closely with all other disciplines throughout the company to ensure that high quality consistent Telecoms/ SCADA estimates are produced.
The role also includes ownership of the models used for producing estimates and the modelling of different contractual arrangements. This will include ‘Whole Life Cost Modelling’ and the development of an excel based tool to do this.
What are my Responsibilities?
- Take ownership of MS Excel pricing templates & tools and ensure that they are kept up to date and improvements/modifications are carried out in a controlled manner
- Assist Bid Managers with day to day development of excel spreadsheet-based cost models/ estimating tools
- Under the management of a Bid Manger/ Project Technical Manager model inputs from subject matter experts to produce pricing
- Model resource/ materials/ 3rd party estimates and add commercial elements including escalation, risk and margin
- Produce / populate customer specific pricing documentation
- Attend Bid meetings both internal and client based
- Become the “subject matter expert” for CIS in the RMM (Rail Method of Measurement)
- Work with colleagues in Siemens Rail Automation (Signaling) to further develop and update the estimating tool which captures standardized costs
- Creation of reports for presentation / reviews/ governance as required
- Attend relevant training courses to expand knowledge in railway technology/ estimating as required
- Analyze current and historical data to bench mark costs and competitiveness
What Qualification and Experience do I need?
We are looking for a dynamic and very numerate candidate who is customer centric, has a high level of commercial acumen, an understanding of the Tendering process and ideally with technical knowledge of Rail Telecoms. This role reports to Head Quarters in Ashby, however location is flexible for the right candidate.
- Strong computing skills especially with regards to MS Excel
- Previous experience within a project related engineering environment
- A degree or HND in an Engineering or Business-Related discipline
- Experience of tendering and/or project work within the Rail Sector will be a distinct advantage
- Very high level of Financial and Commercial acumen
- Must be flexible and able to work under own initiative
- Comfortable with operating to short deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
- Previous knowledge of estimating in an Engineering Project Environment
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115214
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time