Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Project Manager for our Rail Electrification business to take a lead on small projects within our Engineering Consultancy business.
The Consultancy Project Manager will be responsible for leading projects with the aim of completing customer projects on schedule, within the budget, with the required quality and to the Customer's satisfaction. This person will act as a controlling interface between Business Development, the Head of Engineering, the Customer and other partners. The Consultancy Project Manager will lead and direct allocated project(s) with both internal and external Customers. Allocated projects will be multi-facetted, will include sub-contracts and will be of considerable value and complexity.
Based out of our offices in York you will be working alongside the best in the industry, you will be part of a dynamic team that is redefining what is possible in Railway Electrification.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Delivery of projects to within budget and specification, time, cost and quality, by using the LoA and EPIQ processes
- Delivery of project(s) to laid down legislation and company standards, such as PM@Siemens, QM@Siemens, DOORS, EPIQ, LoA, UK and European Standards
- Ensure Customer satisfaction by constantly seeking out and responding to Customer feedback
- Optimise the use of Engineering resources (personnel and equipment/materials) across a portfolio of projects, working with the Resource Co-Ordinator, Planner and Commercial functions
- Proposal Management; develops the overall concept for the proposal, prepares the planning and tender costing according to valid guidelines. Identifies the necessary resources for preparing the proposal (incl. suitable and qualified partners/sub-contractors) and ensures their availability
- Supports strategic viewpoints when managing the financial aspects of a project
- Sets up efficient procedures/processes for project controlling and reporting that always enables an up-to-date overview of the project to the Consultancy Leadership Team
- Contract Management; estimates effects of changes in requirements/deliverables with respect to cost, schedule and impact on Engineering resources
- Update (and create where necessary) Project Plans for the team showing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), resource allocation and budgeting information. Highlight any issues and display key project data so that it can be communicated effectively to the Project Team
- Customer Management; knows the Customer's business and operations and considers them in any recommendations. Ensures Customer satisfaction, constantly seeking out and responding to customer feedback
- Building a success-orientated consultancy project team;
- Responsibility for Results; ensures that the project runs to budget, profit and the required margin maintaining an awareness of and control of these figures at all times and informs/updates other stakeholders on a regular basis
- Holds regular project reviews with required stakeholders
- Contributes to the ongoing review and continuous improvement of Project Management methods
- Is involved in Lessons Learned Workshops at project closure, engaging with the PACT Facilitator (Project Acceleration through Coaching & Teamwork)
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values
What Knowledge & Experience will I need?
- Ideally candidates will have an Electrical Engineering/Infrastructure background and hold a Degree, HNC or equivalent in Engineering, Business or Project Management
- A member of the APM;
- Track record of Project Management experience relevant to the role.
- Is certified as a PM@Siemens Project Manager (desirable)
- IOSH Managing Safely or SMSTS Certificate (desirable)
- Has experience of managing projects at a minimum of Project S classification according to PM@Siemens (desirable)
- Experience/knowledge of Project Management tools, techniques and methodologies;
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management methodologies including the use of any specific software (e.g. Primavera P6)
- Experience of leading and managing a project team which may include company staff and sub-contractors
- Experience of operating within a Consultancy environment and previous demonstrable experience of a Customer focussed role
- Experience/knowledge of resource planning, including the use of any specific software (e.g. Saviom);
- Experience within the rail industry, and an understanding of project implementation, may also be beneficial.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115217
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time