Job Title: Commodity Manager- Packing
Job Profile: Do you want to craft the future of Packing Commodity? Join our SCM Team and experience in Packing Commodity
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Able to develop and implement strategies for Packing Commodity for India
- Out-of-the-box, assertive, creative, drive change… , but hands-on / willing to work on ground, too.
- Responsible for qualifying our suppliers, sourcing, bid conditioning and negotiating for the best price, best delivery, best quality according to the
- Factory /project requirements.
- You will effectively negotiate with vendors to improve pricing and commercial terms at the project tendering and execution phases
- You will analyze material cost breakdowns and check their competitiveness with strategic sourcing experience
- Able to handle advance negotiation concept including e-auction, e- bidding, parallel negotiation and other effective procurement methodology
- Able to collaborate with partners on cost optimization and productivity improvement projects.
- You will align with Global Commodity Manager towards implementation of Global projects for Siemens in India
- Able to travel (domestic mainly)
- Use your skills to move the world forward
We don't need superheroes, just super minds!
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering – Specialization in Packing and a Post Graduation degree or diploma would be an added advantage.
- You have 5-10 years of progressive experience in Strategic Procurement environment. & with minimum 2-3 years experience in Packing Procurement Domain.
- You have experience in Project Management with partners, customers and vendors in a complex and dynamic project environment
- You are analytical and can break down material cost and assess their accuracy on highly technical engineered products and Services( Eg : Design to Cost & CVE)
- You possess deep knowledge in Strategic supplier management concept (e.g Supplier qualification, evaluation and development, early involvement of procurement)
- You understand the concepts of Total cost of Ownership and Financial evaluation knowledge
- You have deep understanding of commercial terms and conditions and possess hands on effective Contract writing experience and negotiation skills
- You have Experience on Material Module of SAP
- You have good interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) in English language and ability to liaise, coordinate well with colleagues and
- internal/external Vendors
- You are proficient in analysing commodity demand, spending profile and trends
- You are self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in group setting as a great teammate.
Make your mark in our exciting world of Siemens
This role is based in Mumbai where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – craft shape of things to come. You are passionate about travelling and have good local connect with the consultants in the region.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 115245
Organization: Siemens Operations
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time