Job Description for Technical-Sales Proposal (IT) Consultant
The primary role of a Technical-Sales Consultant is to work collaboratively with the direct sales team,
Clients and Partners to provide support for all pre-sales solution aspects of the sales cycle. The job
profile requires experience in the following activities:
• Requirement Study
• RFI/RFP preparation and detailed analysis
• Opportunity Support
• Proposal Support
• Demo / PoC support
• Work closely with sales team and Partners by participating and supporting all sales strategies
and business goals.
• Drive revenue growth and create sales opportunities by contributing and managing pre-sales
• Collaborate with Sales team and educate customers about benefits of Siemens solutions. This
includes presentations ,technical evaluations, proposals and follow up on customer related
• Design of Solution Architectures for IT/OT integrated Systems, Verification of required SW
licenses and optimization of designed solution and architecture in order to achieve business
goals. This also includes design and/or review of system architecture while driving architectural
convergence, encouraging architectural excellence and consistency
• Verifications of technical compliances of HW/SW systems’ offer received from vendors.
• Collaborating for new solutions and technologies required in the business to drive new product
• Monitor and collect all technical information and design appropriate workflow for sales life
• Minimum 5-7 years of overall experience in setting up of IT infrastructure and maintaining it.
With 3+ years in pre-sales activities.
• Must have experience in building technical solutions and architectures required for real-time
Data Centers / Control Centers
• Must have Relevant experience in working with System Integrators, Resolving customer IT
• Must have Comprehensive understanding of IT/OT systems covering Linux/Unix, Windows and
• Must have understanding of security solutions and required configuration of firewalls, NMS
systems and Web systems
• Experience in building solutions that includes building a business case, high & low level
architecture definition and services.
• Hands on experience and knowledge on working if different HW configurations of Data Centers /
real-time Control Center setups including storage, servers, networking and security equipments
• Knowledge and know-how of IoT solutions, Cloud and Big Data will be an desired skillsets
• Background of handling Utilities customer is desired
• Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal,
• Should be an accomplished presenter of Sales and Technical material to small / large audiences
• Critical thinking, reasoning and problem solving are an essential part of this position.
• Patient and easy to work with when under pressure
• Enjoy learning new things and build knowledge base in new area.
• Business or sales acumen is preferred
Job ID: 115365
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time