Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Industrial Machinery team as a Principal Forging Metallurgist and focus on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow.
The position is based in our Lincoln office which benefits from great canteen and transport links.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here;
Change the future with us.
Working in busy metallurgical laboratory, supporting the business with accurate materials advice to ensure that our products are reliable and cost effective.
- You will provide, maintain and develop expert knowledge in the area of manufacturing processes typically used in the energy or aerospace sector.
- We are looking for people with expert knowledge in Ni and Steel forged and wrought materials.
- Relevant industrial experience, ideally in dealing with critical parts.
- Practical, hands on, metallurgical preparation and evaluation.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- We are looking for people with knowledge of gas turbine materials and manufacturing techniques.
- You will provide metallurgical support for the small gas turbine engine product range, and the aero-derivative engines.
- You will provide support to suppliers, sourcing, quality, manufacturing and engineering.
- Disposition of non-conforming material, approval of special process data cards and validation of major and critical components, approval of drawings, material selection and manufacturing processes to ensure the highest possible quality is maintained is essential
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow.
Essential applications include providing products, solutions and services that make fossil energy greener; delivering decentralized, flexible power solutions; managing the complexities of the grid; improving and de-risking aging assets; and connecting supply and demand through storage technologies such as grid-scale batteries and Power-to-X technologies. Siemens Gas and Power has a broad customer base that includes oil and gas, utilities, independent power producers, engineering, procurement and construction companies (EPCs), transmission system operators, and industrial companies in sectors such as mining and chemicals.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115383
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time