From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens Mobility has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced in close cooperation with Legal and Project Management.to join our legal team in Melbourne Docklands, Victoria. The main mission of this role will be supporting accountable business partners with all aspects of contract and claim management through the project delivery lifecycle
- Oversee the implementation, execution and administration of Siemens’ upstream and downstream contracts ensuring that Siemens’ commercial and legal position is protected and maximised (including preparation of required notices/claims) in accordance with the requirements of the contract, project timings and Siemens’ business objectives.
- Engage and advise key stakeholders on:
- Siemens’ contractual and legal rights; and
- policies, strategies and processes to deliver improved business outcomes and mitigate risk.
- Provide direction on and facilitate the progress of contractual claims to a successful conclusion.
- Oversee reporting activities (including claim registers and project reviews) to ensure contract and clam management performance and compliance.
- Formulate, implement and enhance contract and claim management strategies, processes. tools and templates.
- Participate in customer/supplier negotiations and in the formulation/implementation of negotiation and resolution strategies.
- Ensure adherence to Siemens’ internal standards and compliance with external regulations as required.
- Develop, implement and regularly review the claim strategy with regards to customers, sub-suppliers and partners together with project management.
- Strong understanding of Australian construction contracts and standard contract and claim management processes.
- Experience administering construction contracts through all stages of the project life cycle.
- Experience in managing effective customer and supplier relationships and interfaces.
- Experience managing complex contract structures with demanding timelines.
- Ability to work autonomously, manage multiple tasks, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experience negotiating directly with customers/suppliers in high pressure environments
- Whilst the majority of projects will be Victorian, occasional interstate Travel may be required
This is a wonderful and exciting opportunity to join a global provider in Mobility solutions. In return for your commitment you will have access to an attractive remuneration package and possible future career opportunities.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 115484
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time