Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Chief Architect and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The position is based in our Nottingham office which benefits from a well-being room, on-site free car parking, great canteen and fantastic transport links. We appreciate that the ability to work flexibility can be deeply important and therefore we welcome for you to work from home a couple of days per week.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here;
Change the future with us.
- You will build, maintain and deliver the Technology Roadmap by engaging with partners in and outside the business, as well as building and maintaining Technical Architectural capability within the IT division.
- We are looking for someone who can drive digital transformation by providing architectural insight into cloud technologies, define the business’s cloud first strategy and provide the leadership momentum to deliver the cloud transformation under the direction of the Head of I.T.
- You will also create the Technology capability Roadmaps by supporting the PPM in building fully rounded business propositions as well as articulating architecture which is to be deployed in terms of both operational and portfolio capability.
- Your roadmaps will require implementation, including supporting the sales teams and PPMS in pre-sales technical activities and engagement with customers as well as ensuring that Bid responses are in line with the I.T. strategy
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Experience of working with AWS utilising, IAAS, PAAS and SAAS
- Experienced in defining enterprise architecture and enterprise analytical methods
- You will be leading a team of 3 Solution Architects and therefore people management experience is needed.
- Experienced IT Architect, with Software Development with a working understanding in ESB (MuleSoft), Mobile Applications (RedHat Mobile Application Platform), and BPM (Pega) technologies.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary but also an annual bonus and a company car benefit. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115527
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either