Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Job Location: UK – Hampton Court, London
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
Mentor® A Siemens Business is creating exciting new opportunities in the collaboration of mechanical and electrical software design tools. The Mechanical Analysis Division is an innovative group, producing world-class simulation products for thermal and fluid analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have developed an enviable reputation in our market over the last 30 years and are producing state-of-the-art products that deliver targeted solutions to our customers’ needs.
We have opportunities for a variety of software skills on our agile development teams. These teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and improve professionally. Furthermore, these teams are expected to be self-sufficient and run without the classical management structure.
Mentor® A Siemens Business in Nottingham is seeking C++ Software Developers. We are looking for team players to join our world-wide, multi-site development team. You will responsible for designing, analyzing requirements, developing, implementing, testing, debugging, and maintaining Mentor’s electronics cooling products.
· Ensure that code adheres to standards and best practices for performance, speed, scalability, and quality
· Practice Agile development methods and exemplify core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development
As a member of the Simcenter Flotherm team, your specific responsibilities will include:
· Ensuring high-quality and robust implementation of core CFD solver components
· Supporting maintenance of existing capability (bug fixing, code refactoring, etc.)
· Design and development of new features based on requests from both product management and internal strategic initiatives
· Participating in regularly scheduled team meetings and contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology
· Supporting other developers through design discussion and code review
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
· Master’s Degree or PhD in an Engineering, Computer Science or a physical science discipline.
· 2 years’ commercial experience in object-oriented C++ software development
· Expertise in development of complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
In addition, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Experience in numerical modelling, CFD, or other CAD/CAE applications
· Experience in areas of physical science: thermodynamics, heat transfer
· Experience in reduced order modelling
Job ID: 115536
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time