Lean Change Expert
Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) develops and manufactures software and hardware solutions to enhance road safety and improve traffic flows. While ITS is a well-established player in the traffic controller, traffic management and traffic service market, we are a true innovation leader when it comes to implementing connected vehicle technology – being the backbone of safe self-driving vehicles. Many signature customers across the UK and US like Transport for London and New York City believe in us. While ITS prides itself in being a high pace, fast growing business we still manage to maintain our family-style working atmosphere. Come join us, if this is what you are looking for.
As the Lean Change Expert, you will be working with the Senior Management Team, to develop, set the pace and implement business transformational and continuous improvement strategy. With sensitivity towards the organizational structure, commercial approach, culture, people and processes. This position will outline the direction and deployment of the Lean framework to ensure consistent and rigorous application across the business in line with best practice. Responsible for the successful management and implementation of business improvement projects/initiatives across the business by developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team and building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
What are my responsibilities?
- Acts as Change Manager to ensure consequent continuous improvement; Influencing to build a Culture and nurturing environment for testing and prototyping concepts.
- Supports and mentors cross functional Lean teams and their respective activities in a ‘people first’ mindset encouraging teams to design aspects of the change together.
- Responsible for Lean strategy and embedding it into the business, giving guidelines and methodologies to achieve Lean implementation, to include facilitation of workshops, hackathons etc.
- Consults/coaches Senior Management on Lean topics (value streams), ensuring Lean is deployed as an integral part of the business strategy.
- Conducts meaningful maturity Screenings / Assessments and reviews key indicators.
- Creates environment for ideation: Works with management teams to select projects for strategic introduction and the ongoing delivery of continuous improvement.
- Coordinates and allocates resources for lean project activity.
- Recommends and supports Lean training for different organisational competence levels.
- Leads the benefits realisation activity.
- Defines comprehensive standards, description of methods and development of documentation.
- Leads Lean communities in the BU/Function to share and develop best practices.
- Seeks and responds to meaningful feedback quickly to adapt lean projects accordingly. Shares best practices and progress through a structured review process with relevant stakeholder groups.
- A bachelor's degree in a STEM subject or similar or relevant experience.
- Expert level of black belt standard
- Experience of managing change projects is highly beneficial (they need to have done more than project coordination)
- Experience of Siemens Production Systems is an advantage as this role majors in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in using data from various information systems and technology; especially with quality systems.
- Strong organizational skills
- A strong knowledge of MS Office Products,
- A high level of initiative.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115741
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time