Siemens Mobility Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) develops and manufactures software and hardware solutions to enhance road safety and improve traffic flows. While ITS is a well-established player in the traffic controller, traffic management and traffic service market, we are a true innovation leader when it comes to implementing connected vehicle technology – being the backbone of safe self-driving vehicles. Many signature customers across the UK and US like Transport for London and New York City believe in us. While ITS prides itself in being a high pace, fast growing business we still manage to maintain our family-style working atmosphere. Come join us, if this is what you are looking for.
As the Lean professional, you will be working with the business excellence team reporting into the Lean change expert. With the responsibility to implement, support and coach Lean change activities and structural optimisation within our manufacturing facility and wider teams, with a view to developing lean skillsets in the business. You will be responsible for the successful implementation of business improvement projects/initiatives across the business by developing strong working relationships and the buy-in from the wider teams. You will be an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team player with experience of building working relationships and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
What are my responsibilities?
- Drives and supports all Lean Coaching activities in the defined area of responsibility.
- Deploys ad supports Lean strategy, standards, and description of methods and processes, and respective documentation.
- Consults operations staff, and accountable management in Lean topics, and derives Lean opportunities.
- Analyses processes or disruptions, identifies weak points, develops solutions and supports implementation.
- Proposes Lean projects and evaluates costs / benefits and oversees its´ roll out.
- Monitors and tracks improvement, triggered by Lean programs, and provides respective reporting to all stakeholders.
- Prepares, distributes and trains subject and method knowledge, and shares about best practices.
- Participates in work groups / projects, and moderates’ meetings, workshops.
- Develops the lean toolkit of resources required to allow the business unit and trained resources to be self-sufficient.
- Support the communication of Lean Project activity to raise awareness and employee commitment.
- A bachelor's degree in a STEM subject or similar or relevant experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Strong facilitation skills including excellent listening skills and the ability to empathise with project teams and workshop participants
- Excellent presentation, communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical thinking ability
- A strong foundation in Lean Management concepts in a manufacturing setting.
- Strong organizational skills
- A strong knowledge of MS Office Products,
- A high level of initiative
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 115746
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time