Title: Service Engineer
Location: Chennai, India
Organization: IOT DS AA SB SSPS FST
Mode of employment: Full time
Job Description: As a lead technical support engineer for Siveillance Portfolio products the person is responsible for delivering high-quality technical support (remote and onsite) with strong domain skills in physical security and provide resolutions on time without escalation from Siemens BT Regional customers.
What are my responsibilities?
· Resolve support Service Requests through Email/Phone/Remote or On-site visits
· Troubleshoot and analyze product issues in a timely manner and follow up with the regional customers with solution recommendations and action plans
· Identify and publish Knowledge articles, FAQs and Webinars to provide proactive solutions to customer issues and for future references
· Participate in technical communications within the team to share best practices and learn about new technologies and applications
· Develop technical & domain competency on management stations and Integration platforms for end customer/product setup in test-lab
· Administer hotline and software application download platform for global and regional customers
· Support in developing and delivering technical trainings
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Bachelor/Master Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 8+ years of experience in security domain
· Domain knowledge and troubleshooting knowledge of Security systems like Access Control, CCTV & Intrusion and security management stations and integration platforms is an advantage
What else do I need to know?
Knowledge and Experience
· Strong aptitude for learning new security software applications, tools, technologies and utilize them in a customer facing environment
· Must have working knowledge of Networking, MS SQL Database, Windows OS, Linux OS, Debian OS, Virtualization, Cloud Services, Storage and know-how of third party protocols like OPC, BACnet & ONVIF
· Good Communication & Presentation Skills
· Flexible for international travel and on-site support and troubleshooting activities globally.
· Knowledge on BT SSP Siveillance Portfolio products like Siveillance VMS, Siveillance Vantage, Siveillance Viewpoint, OIS, SIPORT and SiPass is desirable.
· Level 2 or 3 Technical support experience on software products for internal or external customers.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
Job ID: 115754
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time