Location: Munich / Germany
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Area: Mentor AMS
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Mentor is a business unit of Siemens Industry Software (SISW) and a leader in software and hardware solutions for the development of electronic circuits in the EDA market. Mentor enables companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Mentor´s innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. Mentor is technology leader and provides platform solutions for full chip emulation (Veloce), Functional Verification (Questa), Design-for-Test (Tessent) and physical verification (Calibre)
Join our team as a “AMS Account Technology Manager” in Munich.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
As a member of the World Trade Strategic Products Organization (SPO), you will be responsible for development and execution of the strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for AMS products (SPICE and mixed signal circuit simulation, AMS simulation environment and variation analysis) within the territory comprised primarily of bay area accounts.
The ATM will also need to drive the priorities of all Product Line opportunities in the territory and provide a clear prioritization for resource allocation to the field technical resource management and product division. This person will thus be responsible for maintaining up-to-date data for tracking engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining the technical account plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, proliferation and strategic development partnerships with customers in the territory. This person will work closely with the Account Manager to develop this plan and the Account Manager must ultimately approve this plan. Your responsibilities include:
- Develop the overall product strategy along with the Field technical management to achieve business targets and strategic objectives. Business targets and strategic objectives are defined by sales management in conjunction with the product division. The strategy to achieve those business targets requires the construction of a top-down and bottom-up plan account by account within a territory (including calling out strategy to capture unidentified business in that territory)
- Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the results. The strategy and plans for each account must be approved by the Account Manager
- Lead and manage the account campaigns for the specific product line.
- Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, solving the customer’s problem
- Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns
- Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs plan across multiple accounts effectively
- Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives
- Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor in product / technology
- Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities
The position is located in Munich, Germany with focus on customers located in the country however you will be part of a team covering Europe and consequently should anticipate some international travel as needed by the team.
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- BS Degree or equivalent
- Profound experience in a related field of work
- Financial understanding
- Organizational knowledge
- Market and industry knowledge in analog / mixed signal IC design
- Negotiating skills
- Prospecting / uncovering skills
- Demand creation
- Create and maintain technical campaigns
- Set appropriate expectations and decision criteria
- Bring technical campaigns to successful closure
- Professional customer presence
- Technical knowledge and background
- Ability to manage indirectly
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. PLM software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Felix Held, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.