Prescan is a mature and wide-spread simulation platform for virtual development and validation of active safety and (Highly) Automated Driving systems. Prescan offers high-fidelity physics-based simulation models of all sensors relevant for automated driving (such as camera, radar, LIDAR, infrared, ultrasonic and DSRC). The newest sensor suite, which is currently under development, is a physics based simulation using ray tracing. To strengthen the team, Siemens Industry Software and Services has an immediate opening for a Sensor model verification and validation engineer who will have the following responsibilities:
- Verifying, validating and benchmarking the physical models used in the physics-based sensor simulations, e.g. does the camera model correctly include all physics to simulate reflection, distortion, lens imperfections, etc..
- Reporting and interpreting measured sensor results (imaging, material measurements) from real world experiments to improve the simulations.
- Work closely with the team for further improvement of the simulation framework and the models.
- Improving test variability for different scenarios.
- Writing requirements documents
- Education level: PhD or MSc, Technical Informatics, Physics, Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience with verification and validation of simulations
- Good knowledge of EM radiation, especially visible light, (near) infrared and/or radio waves
- Several years of experience in a verification/validation function
- Knowledge of sensors (camera, lidar, radar, etc) and the underlying physics
- Knowledge of computer graphics
- Knowledge of materials used in sensor simulations
- Knowledge of software development, especially C++, MATLAB, Python
- Knowledge of MATLAB Simulink
We are looking for a strong team player with an analytical mindset, willing to pick up new challenges, someone who is pragmatic, inspiring, result oriented and inventive regarding complex problems.
Job ID: 115790
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: TASS International Software and Services B.V.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time