As a part of global commodity team, covering all the local supplier topics for our global setup.
• Be an active part in the strategy development in the commodities.
• Implement agreed strategies.
• Supplier negotiations, frame agreements/ contracts/price lists.
• Drive productivity improvements through the commodity and the supply chain.
• Active part and contributor in new product developments.
• Drive and be part of make-buy analyses.
• Follow and evaluate the supplier market and supplier base.
• Develop the supplier base and suppliers with respect to quality, on time delivery, lead time and cost.
• Perform bottom-up cost calculations to identify cost drivers in mechanical systems, subsystems and components. Develop action plans to reduce product costs accordingly to achieve tangible business impact.
• Drive realization of savings potential in a cross functional environment incorporating engineering, Production, and Quality or other resources and functions as needed.
• Identify upcoming design and sourcing opportunities for savings potential.
• Ensure early involvement in product design development and modification activities.
• Bachelor degree or above, major in engineering or economics related.
• Professional expertise, with commercial and/or technical knowledge.
• Product knowledge of motors / geared parts is preferred.
• Good in verbal and written communication in English and Mandarin.
Job ID: 115891
Company: Siemens Mobility Rail Equipment (Tianjin) Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time