Siemens Mobility is looking for a Degree Apprentice in Human Resources to start with us in September 2019, based in Chippenham, WIltshire.
This is an opportunity for a highly-motivated individual to start their career with a progressive and market-leading company and achieve a degree qualification at the same time - without any tuition fees!
Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our talented employees, we focus on attracting individuals then developing, retaining and rewarding them so we are equipped to develop intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimise throughout and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalise that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
By the end of the degree apprenticeship in Human Resources, you will be able to provide people related solutions and innovation to Siemens Mobility, in a range of areas including talent acquisition, leadership development, employee relations, reward mechanisms and change management. You will have the skills and knowledge to implement people solutions and processes that will enable us to deliver our business strategy.
Over the duration of the apprenticeship programme (typically 48 months), you will receive a full-time salary and rewards package, valuable working experience and real responsibility from the get go.
You will also follow a development plan designed to enable you to meet the Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviour requirements of the Apprenticeship Standard and business' competency management system.
Elements of the programme include:
• Fully funded degree study programme – Degree in management and business as well as assessment at Chartered Manager Standard
• HR placement plan with some Business-wide placements
• Work-based skills training
• Health and safety training
• Access to the Siemens and NTAR learning communities
• End Point Assessment
What are my responsibilities?
• To develop appropriate Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours in preparation for a role within Siemens Mobility UK
• To fully participate and engage with the apprenticeship programme and complete all elements of the development plan, including regular presentations on programme progress to senior business stakeholders
• To gain an understanding of the Siemens Mobility business, including its goals, vision, services, comprising departments, customers, and supply chain
• To report to your line manager and/or placement manager and take ownership for the completion of all allocated tasks to the best of your ability
• To work towards personal goals and business objectives set at regular learner reviews, and actively seek opportunities for personal and professional development
• To demonstrate Technical, Occupational, and Professional competence as an HR Degree Apprentice upon completion of the programme
• To fully participate and engage with the business’ Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Three A-Levels at Grades BBC/BCC or acceptable alternatives eg. BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Diploma, Extended Diploma at Level 3 (Grades DMM)
• Level 2 English (either GCSE at Grade A-C/9-5, or Level 2 Functional Skills English)
• Level 2 Mathematics (either GCSE Mathematics at Grade A-C/9-5, or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics)