We are currently recruiting for skilled Maintenance Engineer / Technician with strong electrical, mechanical and fault diagnosis experience to join our Rolling Stock business based in Crewe. Rail experience is not essential to apply for the role as full training will be given.
What are your responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake maintenance of the allocated rolling stock adhering to the requisite processes and procedures
- Assist other team members with the rolling stock maintenance in order to develop technical skills
- Identify, order and collect spares and materials from stores
- Assist with cleaning of rolling stock when required
- Apply train protection within the depot site
- Carry out train preparation
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and ‘Tell Us’ ethos
- Complete all records and reports accurately and to procedure using appropriate technology and systems
Depending on your site, you may also be required to cover one or more of the following activities:
- Carry out train overhaul activities
- Undertake remedial body-side and minor damage repair including paint application, mixing and spraying
- Fuelling, tanking and operation of Controlled Emission Toilet (CET)
- Drive rolling stock within the depot site limits
Health and Safety Responsibilities
Siemens has zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and feels very strong about safety of its employees. As an employee of Siemens you will:
- Adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies
- Take responsibility for raising issues of concern
- Fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- Experience of basic fault finding
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Ability to understand and care for tools, equipment and PPE
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Ability to use a computer
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications
- Knowledge of TACT, Equinox
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rolling Stock business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
How to apply
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
Great minds think differently
At Siemens we understand that rewarding and retaining our employees is about more than just pay. We use a total reward philosophy to ensure we have a comprehensive offering of elements to guarantee working at Siemens offers everyone the things that matter to them. Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 116072
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time