Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Meeting the need for smart mobility solutions
We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- For our Research & Development function, we are looking for a competent and enthusiastic engineer in the field of power electronics design with impeccable track record of 3 to 5 years . This is an an exciting opportunity to take up End to End responsibility consisting of design, development, qualification of power modules and converters for rolling stock applications.
- This role calls for expertise in selection of appropriate technologies of Power devices , driver circuits and control schemes along with insights in power losses to fulfill reliability requirements. This role also needs experience in establishing test specifications to fulfill various standards (IEC / EN / IS / SN etc.) and application (e.g. diverse climatic conditions) requirements.
- Conceptualize, design, develop, validate and smooth introduction of Power Electronic Converters (Boosters, Inverters, Battery chargers & power supply) in line with agreed plan and requirements.
- Knowledge in designing power electronic circuits/systems and components for traction applications.
- echnical requirements, requirement specifications, specific standards (e. g. EN50121, EN50125, EN50155, IEC61287)
- Selection of components like Semiconductors, Heatsink, capacitors etc. based on mathematical & simulation analysis, that are required for power electronic converters.
- of power electronic converters (25kVA, 180kVA, 3x130kVA, 500KVA etc)
- Power loss, temperature rise Calculations, System Simulations
- for MOSFET and IGBT
- Test strategies and experience in planning and performing type tests such as EMI/EMC, environmental tests based on international standards (traction related)
- Site experience in commissioning, Data capturing & analysis.
- Design FMEA
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- We are looking for applicant having Masters degree in Power Electronics or Graduate in Electronic Engineering with Power Electronics background from a reputed institute with a minimum working experience of 3 to 5 years.
- The prospective applicant should have proven knowledge on calculation and development of Electrical / Electronic components in rolling stock products for Indian Railways.
- Candidates having knowledge working with MatLAB, Mathcad, Elcad, will be preferred.
- Knowledge on IEC and EN standards used in the railway industries is mandatory.
- Business fluent in English as well as intercultural experience.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Nashik, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 116267
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time