The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System (PMS) is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line. It is manually operated on line of sight rules and the system is being designed in compliance with BO Strab regulations and guidance. There is 11 km of track serving both North and South Campuses of Education City and will employ 19 trams using the Avenio tram chassis by Siemens.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires experienced Operations Personnel for the Operations & Maintenance Control Centre (OMCC).
Responsible for control, monitoring and supervision of tram operations on the mainline and in the depot according to pre-defined timetables. Managing all degraded operations and incidents with strict compliance with operations rules & procedures; Provision of accurate information to QEC PMS passengers, Staffs and the Management.
What are my responsibilities?
- Real time management of tram operations along the mainline and the depot;
- Reporting of all events, incidents and failures related to tram operations and OMCC equipment;
- Provides accurate information’s to the management team, Operations & maintenance staff;
- OMCC borne activities regarding track possession management and control of work permits;
- Disseminates information to passengers using Passengers Information System;
- Monitor and control the tram movement using the QEC PMS signaling system;
- Ensures scheduled availability of trams on the mainline in order to comply with Timetables;
- Ensures scheduled availability of trams for the Maintenance activities as planned;
- Manages and restores the tramway operations during degraded modes and minimizes inconvenience caused to passengers;
- Monitors and controls traction power supply via Rail SCADA system;
- Coordinates with all parties concerned when fault rectification is required or for planned maintenance;
- Reacts promptly to all alarms and failures, reports to all maintenance services and records all events in the maintenance management system;
- Coordinates and Implements planned and unscheduled corrective maintenance activities;
- Coordinates with maintenance services during degraded modes and incidents;
- Issues daily reports and provides data to the OMCC Chief Controller in order to update the OMCC dashboard/Reports;
- Conducts investigations during service disruptions or incidents and submits incident reports to the OMCC Chief Controller;
- Complies with safety rules, regulations and procedures always;
- Participate and assists during T&C activities;
- Provides assistance during safety & quality audits;
- Perform activities assigned by the Chief Controller.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Meets requirements of fitness class 1 (in the instance of Tram Driver Operations requirement);
- Height 160 cm or above;
- A valid driving license holder and should be capable to obtain Qatar Driving License;
- At least 5 Years of passenger operation experience in a similar position in railway industry, preferably Operations Control Center experience;
- Good command of spoken and written English. Arabic will be an advantage;
- Good understanding of rail public transport operations process and rules & procedures;
- Ability to plan, organize and make decisions without supervision or guidance;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to manage priorities and assimilate new technical knowledge;
- Ability to analyses and apply appropriate measures within rules & regulations framework;
- Ability to issue accurate reports and statements;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Possesses the military exemption;
- · Experience in reading and understanding of contractual requirements;
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment;
- Self-motivated and a problem solver;
- Intercultural competence.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 116276
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time