AGT Control System Engineer: Position Overview
Location: Gurgaon, India
Department: Power and Gas
Position: Full- time
Job Family: R&D
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Achieving outcomes that matter
We identify areas of growth. Thanks to our extensive service network around the world, we can offer a wide range of support services for the oil and gas industry.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
This position is responsible for maintenance and development of Control systems including Detail Design using Digital Control Systems platform, Loop Diagrams, Wiring instructions, BOMS. This role will be a member of the R&D team and will own Control System for Aero Gas turbine (GT) frames. The position will be in PG PR R&D AUX Control Systems department in a global group. This position is located in Gurgaon (IND) and is responsible to develop and continuously improve control concepts for the Siemens Gas Turbine packages. Majority of the tasks will be in R&D but also supporting execution of customer projects and site support.
Working in project teams the main accountability of the Control Systems Engineer is the definition of systems and software solutions for industrial gas turbine control. Activities range from requirements capture and concept definition to code implementation and verification. The candidate would typically be required to:
• Maintain and develop control system concepts for Industrial Gas Turbines, with additional focus on aeroderivative GTs
• Be part of the global platform team for Control system and drive harmonization and global portfolio improvements
• Work in global project teams.
• Request and challenge requirements from your interfaces
• Adapt concepts and designs to fulfill requirements (Either from customers or new/revised GTs,)
• Release and maintain reference documentation in related databases
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical / Electronic Engineering or a closely related subject
• 5 to 10 years of engineering work experience
• 3+ years of control systems engineering experience
• Ability to travel globally
• Excellent team player to support and serve the global team
• High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong dedication to the product and willingness to own it; committed to ownership culture
• Solid entrepreneurial thinking
• Solid understanding about the interactions of quality, costs and delivery time
• Ability and willingness to learn new fields
• Strong time management skills
• High level of autonomy
• Effective stakeholder management
• Committed to personal development and continuous improvement
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Control systems design and software development experience
• Knowledge of systems engineering tools and techniques e.g. QFD, structured V&V
• Ability to structure and solve complex problems
• Knowledge of gas turbine engine control and an appreciation of gas turbine technology (desirable)
• Practical knowledge of scripting tools e.g. Visual Basic, Python (desirable)
• Practical knowledge of Agile methodology and working in SCRUM teams (desirable)
• Experience of technical project management and risk management (desirable)
• Expertise in Allen Bradley, TIA Portal, RSLogix, PCS7, ePlan, WinCC OA
• Expertise in R&D
• Solid experience with working in a global team
Key words Control systems, Aero Gas Turbine, Allen Bradley PLC, TIA Portal, S7-1500, RSLogix, PCS7, EPlan, Testing, Python
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 116408
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time