Would you be intrigued by an opportunity to explore interesting and unusual ways to exercise your deep skills in computational mathematics, especially for application in simulations and data sciences? Are you also passionate about parallel and distributed computing? Join our research group to explore how to apply both these areas to digital twin technology and make a difference with your expertise.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us at Corporate Research, Siemens India.
Contribute with your insights into the workings of cutting edge and emerging computing hardware architectures and your solid knowledge/experience in software performance engineering. Apply your skills to optimize and accelerate data science and simulation algorithms such as in machine learning and artificial intelligence, purposed towards the rapidly emerging area of digital twin technology.
We make real what matters.
You will architect, design and develop prototypes and technology demonstrators with a very high quality to solve contemporary and emerging critical business challenges. Following are (but not limited to) your core business expectations:
- Demonstrate passion for deep understanding in computational mathematics areas especially in computational geometry, numerical methods and computational complexity
- Effectively execute projects from comprehensively analyzing requirements to rapidly designing and implementing solutions: develop mathematical models and design efficient algorithms, targeted to deliver solutions to Siemens business problems globally
- Continuously hone and upgrade your skills in the constantly evolving technology world: create the future through intellectual property such as patents and publications in prestigious conferences and journals.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Keen interest and solid skill in computational mathematics, with a good understanding of software engineering methodologies
- You specifically have the following skills to make a difference to this role:
1. Experience in Mathematical modelling is required
2. Good programming skills in C/C++/Java with a good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
3. Experience in Matlab or Octave or Scilab is preferred
4. Understanding of Computer Architecture is a plus
5. Understanding of at least one of these technologies is a plus
(a) multithreading/ multicore and programming with one or more programming models such as OpenMP, MPI, other threading models
(b) one or more profiling and tracing tools such as gprof, CUDA Visual Profiler, others
6. Experience with at least one of the accelerator languages such as CUDA and OpenCL is a plus
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills
- While you are self-motivated and capable of working independently, you are also comfortable in teams
- Bachelors/ Masters/ Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics or Computer Science (or related fields)
- Demonstrated relevant work experience of 3 – 10 years
- Technical papers at prestigious conferences and journals would be a plus
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about department at: website and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 116414
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time