Associate Team Leader - Document Controller
Location: Pune, India
Department: Gas and Power
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
To support Global Operations using operation specific Document Management System for Client and Supplier Documentations.
• Utilize Dresser-Rand /Siemens Client and Supplier Document Management system, but not limited to, the following functions:
o Interact with Dresser-Rand /Siemens engineering and sourcing personnel to keep production order files current with the order requirements. Responsible to reconcile all documents at the end of an order in preparation for archival and imaging.
o Interact with client and supplier document management personnel to resolve document conflicts and answer document submission questions.
o Produce reports documenting measurable parameters utilizing the Document Management System, Kronos, and other requisite computer systems.
o Maintain all Document Control Registers, Supplier follow-up lists, Master Document Lists as required by specific projects/orders/project engineers.
o Receive and transmit documents from Engineering and Drafting personnel to Dresser-Rand/Siemens clients and suppliers. Maintain all assigned Dresser-Rand/Siemens orders.
o Receive, evaluate, and categorize documentation from suppliers and clients. Add cover sheets to documents.
o Utilize Dresser-Rand/Siemens and client web-based software exchange sites and utilities in the transfer of order documentation.
• Image select Supplier documents into the Dresser-Rand/Siemens Team Center\Globus System.
o Upon order completion will be responsible to see that documents as selected by the project team are collected, organized properly and uploaded to Team Center\Globus System.
• Audit the file locations for completed project orders verifying required content and format upon order completion.
• Manage the department information system (RPIS) for Project Engineering.
o Responsible to follow new process in accordance with Operations/Client requirements
o Maintain the electronic version of the manual to ensure it is kept current with new and revised procedures.
• Successfully interact with a high volume of Dresser-Rand/Siemens project engineering team in performing day to day responsibilities and exhibit an ability to work in a dynamic work environment.
• Responsible to maintain Client/Supplier documents turn-around-time (TAT) to 8 hours by effective utilization of available resources/tools and demonstrating good time management and prioritization skills
• Drive improvement & ownership of deliverables for all document’s transmittals
• Work as project administrator and closely interact with clients and suppliers
• Monthly reporting of KPIs to all stakeholders
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Graduate in any discipline. Prefer Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Preferably 8 to 12 years minimum relevant experience
• Competency in standard office computer programs including the Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365), Adobe Acrobat, WinZip, Volo View, Web-based Client Portals
• Experience with Document Management software’s like Relatics, SharePoint, Aconex, or Documentum, Web based software.
• The candidate should have good English communication (verbal & written) & Interpersonal skill
• Interaction with client and supplier document management personnel to resolve document conflicts and answer document submission questions. Expedite with supplier/project engineer to meet the due dates
• Should have high level of concentration and attention to details and accuracy of data, numbers and titles being entered into the system.
• Should be willing to work in the second or third shift to have maximum overlay with global operations
• Experienced in managing/coordinating projects remotely in a globally distributed setup
• Proven track record of managing migration to new processes/ tools without any effect to deliverables.
• Strong soft personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
• Proven work experience as a team leader
• Should possess problem solving and critical thinking skill
• Provide guidance or train support and/or professional staff
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about department at: website department and about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.