A project management officer directs a systemic approach to project management in the IT organization. Each IT project manager identifies his products and services to the project management office. They become accountable and responsible for their individual project outcomes while the project management office provides the oversight and support necessary for collaborative project teams to succeed.
The PMO plays an integral role during the initial planning stages for any project. It creates structured schedules and project plans based on the project goals, resources needed, potential risks, time to market and budget constraints. By partnering with colleagues in different roles to assess the workloads and impacts for different departments, the PMO is able to identify dependencies and possible issues across teams. During the project run, the PMO will develop and communicate clear and actionable deliverables, or activities to be completed. Each of these activities should have an identified owner, the person who will carry this out, as well as a clear timeline and success criteria.
Daily activities mainly in Tres Cantos (ES), with virtual team spread worldwide with some need to travel (up to 20% of the time).
Tasks and responsibilities
- Provide an independent oversight on the probability of successful completion of key projects and programs and produce report to management
- Ensure information quality and develop analysis and recommendations around big picture insights than can only be gleaned from aggregated information
- Enable well informed and fast decision making to ensure success of the projects through setup of an appropriate reporting process
- Convey risks and issues impacting the project manager’s ability to deliver the value their project was chartered for
- Facilitate project results by communicating job expectations incl. individual tasks, deadlines, acceptance criteria as well as enforcing usage of mandatory tools, policies and procedures.
- Support scoping project requirements and preparing budget together with project manager
- Develop a detailed project plan and monitor progress
- Collaborate with internal teams to design, develop and implement projects
- Ensure quality standards are met, report about project quality to central quality management instance
- Communicate with the team and ensure all members are on board with delegated tasks
- Highlight potential risks or malfunctions and act proactively to resolve issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Information Technology or related fields
- Proven work experience as Project Manager, Project Manager Officer or Scrum Master, with 1 up to 3 years of experience
- Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information, Communication skills, Staffing, Problem Solving, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Written and spoken English on proficient level is a must, additional language like German is a plus
- PMP / Agile certifications are a plus
La Diversidad en Siemens es nuestra fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía.
Job ID: 116621
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Holding S.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time