Technical Product Manager – SaaS Cloud Solutions
A brand-new team. A brand-new location.
As a Product Manager, you’ll already be passionate about software as a service and the advances in Cloud based technology. You know how to define and drive a product family through all the stages of the product lifecycle, from concept through end-of-life. But you’re looking for the next big challenge, something with incredible potential, just waiting for the right team to come along and unlock it……and here it is. We’re looking for a visionary Product Manager to lead our new Cloud initiative team, with the responsibility to own definition and prioritisation for multiple product components across this programme.
Mentor, a Siemens Company, is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
You might not know that we’re focusing on a new SaaS offering for Electronic Board Systems, to complement the existing market leading desktop and on-premise solutions. To do this, we’re setting up a brand-new team in Katowice, focused on delivering cloud solutions that leverage the investments made in our desktop and on-premise products, our Siemens Cloud solutions, as well as our market leading low-code platform. We’re proud to work in a fast-paced environment where agile development is embraced, and innovation is encouraged. If you’re interested in finding out more, here’s what you’ll need to know.
What will I do?
- – you’ll be accountable for driving products from concept right through to end of life, defining market leading products with fast performance and a compelling user experience, based on modern architecture. You’ll be making some of the most critical decisions we’ll face – such as phase-out, and you have the authority to determine pricing and packaging of individual products.
- – you’re the person representing us to Siemens executives and our customers. You manage our negotiations and contract discussions with vendors and third parties. You’re the spokesperson for our plans and strategies to industry analysts. You are the go-to person for identifying M&A opportunities in our space, as well as identifying partners for us to work with. You’ll work with our sales and marketing teams on product launches, go-to-market strategy and looking at future revenue opportunities.
- – You’ll create clear and well understood stories for development and influence the development process through to story acceptance. You’ll get feedback across Siemens stakeholders to help balance competing priorities and make sure the needs of our business are met. You’ll know the competitive landscape very well, and use your knowledge of customers and emerging trends to inform our strategy.
This role is at the forefront of our new team – you’re a leader. You promote transparency and collaboration, and you connect with people at every opportunity by sharing your knowledge. At Siemens, everyone has the opportunity to positively impact thousands of customers, and you will be called on to identify, realise, and drive these opportunities as our Product Manager
What’s needed to do this job successfully?
We’re looking for three key things
- True expertise in enterprise software and technology
- A blend of technical know-how and business facing skills
- A track record of managing great products
You’ll already need to be an experienced Product Manager – someone with experience in leading a portfolio of products. You’ll need the knowledge that comes along with an education in software engineering or computer science, backed up with real world experience of operating in a SaaS and Cloud focused role. Detailed knowledge of system architecture would be a plus, as would experience with EDA tools, but more important is your overall experience in using Amazon Web Services or Azure Cloud Platforms – you’ll need to know these pretty thoroughly in this role. If you know data management, PCB design flow and PLM processes too, we definitely want to hear from you.
We’ll hire someone who is an outstanding business operator; someone authentic, who influences and collaborates positively both internally and externally. You’ll be a credible and impactful communicator, with a track record of inclusive leadership. You’ll be at your best in an environment where Agile and Scrum development practices are used, and your ability to drive innovation and collaboration will be second to none.
What’s the catch?
There is none. We offer a great salary and benefits – everything you’d expect from a world-renowned company. You get to join at the very start of a high profile global project with the backing of a great leader, Andy Mitchell. You’ll be surrounded by passionate and driven colleagues who share a vision for the success of this team, and you’ll have every opportunity to grow and develop at the heart of our organization.
Job ID: 116625
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Sp. z o.o.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time