Location: Throughout Germany
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Department: R&D / Software Engineering
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Siemens, through the integration of Mentor, is a world leader in software solutions for electrical / electronics (E/E) systems development. We provide software tools, consulting services and support for electrical systems, networks, wiring harnesses and AUTOSAR embedded software, covering initial platform architecture definition through to in-service maintenance. Siemens’ client base includes OEM‘s, Tier 1 suppliers, wire harness manufacturers, both small and large, and specialist vehicle manufacturers. The Capital software suite enables the design, analysis, manufacture, and service of electrical connectivity and communication systems for Automotive, Aerospace and complex Machinery. With best-in-class integrations with all major MCAD and PLM tools, e.g. Siemens NX and Teamcenter, Capital supports true cross-functional product development, whilst eliminating many hours of traditional manual processes and prototyping to deliver working products to market faster."
Join our team as a “Wire Harness Solution Architect (m/f/d)” in Munich, Cologne, Stuttgart, Frankfurt or any of our offices within Germany.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
The key objectives for the role which is organizationally located within our PRODUCE Domain are:
- To position our overall E/E solution and especially our wire harness design and manufacturing engineering solutions at our key and prospective customers
- To collect and understand the requirements and translate needs into development objectives, while also anticipating future market trends in the domain
- To work with the ‘Wire Harness Design and Manufacturing’ product line teams contributing to products collateral and market positioning of the products, both current and future
- Understanding and documenting customer needs across the wire harness design and manufacturing value chain
- Performing competitive analysis
- Being up to date with technology advances in the product’s area of application
- Developing and testing whole-product solutions concepts
- Creating the business case justifying investment
- Contributing to and supporting maintenance of the whole-product vision and roadmap
- Aligning and influencing stakeholders and project contributors, across divisional and interdivisional boundaries, to execute the whole-product roadmap
- Working collaboratively with the field and industry teams with Mentor & Siemens to craft optimal solutions for both the market and specific customers
- Engaging with key customers to carry the voice of IES to them and visa versa
- Supporting the sales and portfolio development teams with your knowledge and skill
- Working with the PRODUCE Domain Director & Team, Product & Solution Architects, Business Development and Marketing, to create, validate and establish whole-product positioning
- Developing, maintaining and presenting marketing and sales collateral
- Supporting Siemens, Mentor and other industry trade shows, conferences, customer events
- Supporting strategic sales engagements to win business, including participating in account planning, customer presentations and demonstrations, ROI analyses and RFP responses
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
Mentor, A Siemens business, seeks an extraordinary, self-driven individual, with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the automation and management of the wire harness design, engineering and manufacturing value chain. Knowledge of harness manufacturing at Tier 1 suppliers would be a distinct advantage. Experience with the Mentor Graphics’ Capital and/or LDorado tool suite would be an advantage but is secondary to strong industry experience.
- Profound working experience in automotive wire harness design & development
- First-hand and deep practical experience in wire harness manufacturing engineering desired
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or similar; advanced technical degree and/or an MBA desired
- This role requires the candidate to be able to travel nationally and internationally at reasonable frequency
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills in English and German language
- Profound knowledge and practical experience in the wire harness design and manufacturing domain of Automotive markets for OEMs and/or Tier 1 suppliers
- Profound knowledge of Model Based Design or ECAD tools
- Highly credible with customers and able to develop strong customer relationships
- Through our ‘Remote Worker Policy’ working outside any of our locations, but within reasonable proximity to our offices, is an option (e.g. home office in Germany)
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Job ID: 116710
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time