Siemens Rolling Stock are recruiting for a Warranty Engineer to be based at our Hornsey Depot and support our Moorgate Desiro City Fleet. You will be working with the onsite technical teams to collate information about technical component failures and to prepare claim packs to support material warranty claims.
Be our point of contact for the Maintenance, Aftersales Materials and Procurement community around all warranty claims.
- Liaise with suppliers ensuring they receive technical information to identify root causes of component failures and identify possible technical solutions.
- Track repairs and warranty administration process for all components through to a successful conclusion.
- Collate technical information required by the business and suppliers to ensure that warranty claim information packs are delivered component failures.
- Monitor the technical reliability for the new trains at component level and identifying component failures.
- Work with internal stakeholders in processing defective materials through the warranty and repairs supply chain within internal control requirements.
- Take a proactive role in addressing quality concerns and repair work with the suppliers to ensure that preventive measures are pursued.
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist in investigative efforts; root cause and corrective action on all repairable products.
- Use the principals of reliability, availability, maintainability, safety and life cycle costs to create key performance indicators to identify improvements to maintenance principals and component configuration.
- Create a claims management process to enable the project to invoice all additional spend.
- Develop reports with the depot that identify the status of all warranty issues and significant warranty trends.
- A passion for engineering and a degree or equivalent experience gained within rolling stock.
- Experience of technical reliability monitoring and associated techniques, preferably within the engineering or rail sector.
- An ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of rolling stock maintenance techniques, implementation and procedures involving IT, planning systems and railway operating systems.
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and commercially sensitive issues and detailed knowledge of warranty processes and materials management procedures.
- Experience and a keen interest in Lean Management
- Thrives in an international environment and possess excellent communication and English skills both orally and in writing
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 116790
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time