Siemens Healthineers is recruiting for a Customer Service Engineer in North West (Liverpool/Manchester) area to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a range of medical diagnostic equipment and address customer support issues promptly and professionally. This is a field based role with significant requirement to work at customer sites.
What are my responsibilities?
- Work in cooperation with the Support Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthineers products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
- When applicable provide out of hours technical service support and complete individual mandatory weekend working provision.
- Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work toward completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers.
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
- Maintain good communications and team working with all Managers and Colleagues.
- Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is compromised or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met.
- Understand and comply with Siemens work instructions, quality policy and codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with policy.
- Complete personal administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in an Electronics, Engineering and/or Bio-Chemistry disciplines.
- This is a field based role offering considerable independence
- Ideally you will have previous field service experience where you have undertaken fault finding on electronic equipment. You will also be required to have strong IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
- Your proven customer-facing skills will be invaluable, as you will be required to interface with customers and staff at all levels within Siemens / Third parties, contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers and must quickly gain the respect of others, both colleagues and customers at all levels.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence and be happy to travel to Germany for training
A flexible approach to travel, providing out of hours technical support and working planned weekend and evening work is required.
Attendance of training courses and technical seminars in the UK and abroad will also be required.
Area covered is largely in North West (Liverpool/Manchester) and the surrounding counties. Candidates can expect to spend circa 4 hours travelling each day.
In return we offer a competitive salary, car, 26 days holiday, pension scheme; performance related bonus and private healthcare options as well as comprehensive technical training.
Siemens is the global powerhouse in electronics and electrical engineering, actively operating in more than 190 countries. We’re offering a wide range of pioneering products for energy efficiency, industrial productivity, affordable healthcare and intelligent infrastructure, with a quickly growing focus on sustainability.
To find answers to the toughest questions of our time, we need open-minded and curious people who dare to ask them. Just like the more than 405,000 people of Siemens. And maybe.... just like you.
Annual Bonus Scheme
Home broadband allowance
8:00 - 18.00 Monday to Sunday anything over paid at 10% shift premium
Job ID: 116941
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time