We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
How? By driving and trendsetting force which joins in proven leading-edge technologies to increase productivity. The Digital Discrete Industries Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Digital Discrete Industries. Here, we’re hiring for a Programmers. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- Collect technology initiatives inside the organization, markets trends, and customer requests and develop these into new product development projects. This includes defining the product requirement specifications
- Update the team backlog and participate in reviewing and contributing to the Vision, Roadmap and content presentations. Contribute to the Program Backlog refinement and preparation for iteration Planning.
- Responsible for story definition, providing clarifications to assist the team with their story estimates and story sequencing, and drafting the team’s specific objectives for the upcoming Increment
- With input from the Architect, team and other stakeholders, the Product Owner has the primary responsibility of building, pruning and maintaining the team backlog.
- Ensure quality of the developed component(s) / work product(s) (conformance with development process) and its technical delivery. Submit the work products into the software configuration management.
What you need to make real what matters
· An engineering graduate with 8 years of experience as Product Owner.
- Strong technical knowledge of Sinumerik/SINAMICS Drives/ /SIMATIC products (ideally >3 years), Market and customer understanding
- Experience from product management and/or product development and/or sales and are experienced in eliciting customer requirements and creating requirement specifications
- Strong analytical skills as well as wide horizon and a holistic mindset, with the ability to delve into technical details if required
- Knowledge of Requirement Engineering and Management in terms of collection, analysis, documentation and tracing
- Knowledge of software tools for requirement management, design, configuration management, reviews, testing etc
- Knowledge of Usability Engineering.
- Open to travel on business trips (up to 20 - 60 days of travelling per year) on need basis for customer meetings across Europe, US and Asia Pacific
This role is primarily based at Bangalore. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Digital Discrete Industries at: and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 116956
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time