Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers value those who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause, our company’s name is dedicated to our employees. It’s their pioneering spirit, blended with our long history of engineering in the ever evolving healthcare industry that truly makes us unique as an employer.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Sound interesting?
Come and join our team as Quality Engineer to play a key role in ensuring our products and processes meet quality and regulatory requirements. You’ll get the opportunity to work with all departments within the business and will also travel worldwide to meet with suppliers.
Your mission and responsibilities:
- Implement monitoring, controlling and reporting of quality performance of quality relevant suppliers
- Support cross-functional teams with Procurement, Operations, and R&D to investigate quality issues, find root cause and implement associated actions where necessary
- Ensure compliance of suppliers when required with applicable regulatory and quality requirements and to drive continuous improvement in the quality of suppliers and their deliveries through regular supplier quality audits (ISO9001).
- Ensure that the site receive top quality product and service at all times and investigate, root cause and make recommendations on how to proceed with suppliers who do not meet that requirement
- Work with Operations and other key business functions to identify and implement quality improvements within manufacturing & manufacturing processes
- Support key business areas with quality training, using key quality tools, i.e. root cause analysis tools for example
- Lead/facilitate 8D's, find root cause and implement corrective/preventive actions where necessary
- Participate in daily/monthly operations meetings as the Quality representative and provide Quality Engineering support when required
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-uk/about/factories/smt
Your qualifications and experience:
- Education – Degree level education preferred
- Degree Field – Quality, Mechanical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in a quality role within a manufacturing environment
Your personality and skills:
- Key Skills - Problem-solving, attention to detail, Organisational, and communications skills; and familiarity with quality testing tools and procedures
What are the benefits in this role?
You’ll work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and have your own space to innovate and be creative with people who are passionate and motivated. Throughout, you’ll have every chance to develop personally, professionally and as a leader.
We offer a subsidized restaurant, a free gym on-site, excellent pension contributions, option to buy extra holidays, private healthcare cover and other flexible benefits. In our rural setting four miles from Oxford, there’s ample parking and a bus stop on our doorstep.
Your cultural fit:
Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We’re an international organisation that works for people to live longer, more fulfilled and happier lives. We’re the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. As part of the worldwide Siemens Healthineers network, we’re united by our pioneering hearts and engineering minds. Join our 170-year legacy and help shape the future of healthcare.
What else do I need to know?
We value equality, diversity, and maintain a supportive work culture in which you’re empowered to drive your own career and work your own way. We are what we are because of our people.
Job ID: 117097
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time