The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires a Tram Driver Instructor who will contribute to the development of training packages and associated documents, conduct Tram Driver training and support key instructors.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Develops the training packages for Tram Drivers to meet regulatory, industry and company standards
- Conducts Tram Drivers training
- Supervises and supports the Key Instructors during their training sessions
- Prepares and conducts refresher training
- Provides assistance during investigations and reports on all safety related events (degraded operations, incidents, accidents)
- Assists in development of O&M plans, procedures, guidelines, forms etc
- Provides assistance during safety & quality audits
- Makes proposals for improvement of tram operations
- Assists during T&C activities
- Acts as Line Supervisor or Tram Driver when required
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Degree or diploma in any field or equivalent
- Vocational training in workplace training, safety, quality and BOStrab standard
- Knowledge acquired in 2+ years in similar functions in a rail bound public transport company
- Extensive experience as a Tram Driver, Driver Instructor or Driver Supervisor
- Knowledge in project management process.
- Is in good physical condition
- Is 35 years or above
- Meets requirements of fitness class 1 (may be requested to take over from a Tram Driver).
- Experience working abroad with multicultural teams
- Experience in greenfield projects or organisations
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Good analysis skills
- Holder of, or ability to hold, a tram driving license
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 117171
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time