The Siemens Tram Consortium (STC) is currently building the flagship Tram system, called People Mover System (PMS) for Qatar Education City (QEC) in Doha/Qatar. The People Mover System is the first low floor catenary-free tram system in the world. It uses a Hybrid Energy System (HES) which incorporates a combination of super-capacitors and batteries to power the tram between charging locations along the line.
Siemens is setting up the team to operate and maintain the system once completed and requires a Training Manager will be responsible for development, planning, coordination, performance of all training for operations and maintenance staff and properly document the performance and certification / examination of training activities.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Design and develop the O&M training & competency management framework (including plans, procedures etc) to meet regulatory, industry and company standards
- Identify the specific training needs for O&M activities
- Identify the training that requires 3rd party certification and nominate suitable organisations for delivery
- Manage the development of the internal technical training packages for safety critical roles based on suppliers’ manuals, industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Manage the development of the non-technical training packages for all O&M staff based on industry best practice
- Manage the delivery of the O&M training packages
- Develop, implement and manage the competency management system
- Ensure training meets business needs and improves performance
- Cooperates with other departments and authorities regarding training content and performance
- Support the HSQE Manager during audits and investigations
- Assists in development of O&M plans, procedures, guidelines, forms etc
- Makes regular proposals for improvement of operations, maintenance or HSQE systems
- Delivers training courses when required
- Assists during T&C activities
- Makes proposals for renewals and investments
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Degree or diploma in education, human resources or equivalent
- Vocational training in workplace training, safety, quality and BOStrab standard
- Knowledge acquired in 10+ years in railway operations, maintenance and training activities with varying duties / functions
- At least 5 years of experience in successful management of training activities, knowledge of project management process
- Is in good physical condition
- Is 35 years or above
- Meets requirements of fitness class 2.
- Experience working abroad with multicultural teams
- Experience in greenfield projects or organisations
- Good command of spoken and written English language
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Good analysis skills
- Strong leadership ability
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 117173
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time