Location: Vadodara, India
Department: Gas and Power
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Quality Management
Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Lead BOP Quality team and controls output of the team regarding On time Inspection, Quality of product delivered & quick resolution of Non Conformances identified without affecting the delivery.
- Technically strong enough to take call on product acceptance from usage standpoint.
- Drive cost, quality and lead time reduction improvement initiatives
- Lead product qualifications for new suppliers as well existing suppliers.
- Interact with end customer to convince them on product quality.
- Drive site quality to ensure service contractors follow field ITPs.
- Evaluates non-conformance reports for BoP and defines further measures. Troubleshooting for field issues.
- Drive improvement (Internal / External) based on NCR analysis.
- Identify gaps in team competency and close gaps by means of proper measures.
- Drive process improvement to reduce NVAs.
- Work on developing team competency by giving them trainings on products and quality tools.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical engineering graduate/post-graduate with 15+ years of experience in Steam turbine, or equivalent field especially into Quality / operations or engineering
- Good to have some from inspection background from similar industry.
- Excellent interactive skills and must be clear in thoughts on what he/she needs to do to get output.
- Excellent knowledge about usage of components
- Advanced skills in MS-Office
- Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills
- Be comfortable working on different projects with colleagues in multiple time zones
- Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
- Good knowledge on six sigma, lean principle and on QMS would be added advantage
- Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Vadodara, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 117224
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time