The Senior Security Manager works under direction of the Country Security Officer, Mexico/CAM & Caribbean as part of the Regional Security Office Americas to lead the day-to-day security operations and the development and implementation of the Company's security programs and crisis management strategies within the respective country of assignment.
This position is accountable for the security of Siemens personnel, assets and operations in Mexico, Central America & Caribbean.
As Security Manager is co-responsible for achieving goals in delivering high quality service for internal stakeholders and Board Members of the Company regarding relevant Security programs as Crisis Management, Project Security, Investigations, Property Protection, Asset Classification and Protection Concepts.
In alignment with the Siemens Security Department (GM SEC) with Headquarters in Germany, the Security Manager is responsible for supporting implementation and compliance with the requirements set by GM SEC, as described in the Mandate, Circulars and Instructions (Security Governance).
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce and update risk and threat assessments to provide early security concepts attending the requirements of the Project Community.
• Manage the Travel Security program.
• Getting a comprehensive understanding of Siemens business and the risks it faces and providing appropriate advice.
• Creating and driving proactive security programs with stakeholders and under Country Security Officer MAM approval to ensure the continued safe and effective operations of Siemens.
• Preparing high quality reports including intelligence briefing, threats assessments and investigative reports.
• Conducting site surveys, vulnerability assessments.
• Establishing and maintaining close liaison with relevant law enforcement and government officials.
• Delivering security training and awareness for Siemens employees and providing professional security advice and consultation to Siemens Management.
• Participate in crisis management events.
• Conduct/manage investigations into suspected criminal matters where requested, and liaise with relevant law enforcement agencies, where appropriate.
• Acting as Business Partner of Siemens whole business, by giving an optimal and timely support, understanding the priorities of each internal customer.
• Acting as Case Manager, in all security breaches
• Serves as a key resource to facilitate business continuity planning and execution.
• Master's or Bachelor's degree or equivalent practice from military or police academy or equivalent practice and experience of security management.
• A minimum of ten years combined experience in law enforcement, private sector security or military.
• Extensive experience in managing and conducting security operations in country.
• Comprehensive experience handling project security at high risk areas.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to operate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Bi-lingual - Spanish/English with excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge of security issues, almost certainly acquired from several years’ experience in a law enforcement agency, armed forces or security industry. Knowledge of interaction between company and law enforcement agencies in kidnap/extortion and crisis management cases.
• Knowledge of Security systems.
• Awareness and capabilities to negotiate terms and structure of security contracts.
• Analysis capabilities.
• Strong integrity.
• Ability to stay focused by constantly reassessing priorities and managing expectations within the business
• Ability to work confidently, persuasively and to gain the respect and trust of senior managers.
• Flexible attitude to travel to be fully mobile and available on a 24-hour on-call basis, to respond to crisis situations.
• Personal drive and pro-activeness.
• Ability to act confidentially and discreetly.
• Proficient in use of MS Office Suite.
Our Ownership culture demands a high level of autonomous working inside the parameters set by the Governance for the best of Siemens and its employees.
Job ID: 117364
Organization: Governance & Markets
Company: Siemens Servicios S.A. de C.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time