From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for an experienced Rail Signalling Engineer to join the Siemens Mobility Signalling Design Team in Melbourne or Brisbane. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within the one of the core engineering areas of the Siemens Mobility business and provide Signalling Design solutions to our Railway customers in the specific location they will be based and around Australia.
The scope of supported activities includes technical solution analysis, design checking, team leadership, tendering and independent review.
- Ensure compliance of company's processes and procedures
- Analysis and evaluation of all signalling related customer requirements based on the project requirement configuration management system
- Prepare signalling system related documentations (Signalling integration plan, Functional Specification, Design Management plan etc....)
- Project execution of the relevant work packages based on detailed cost, planning and control when acting as a work package lead
- Supports engineering teams as well as integration, test, validation and approval work.
- Ensure successful delivery of the Signalling Design including its interfaces and integration with other subsystems when acting as a work package lead support installation, testing and commissioning, and other related activities as necessary to deliver dependent projects and meet their goals with high standards
- Effective utilisation of available resources and timely identify gaps with proposed corrective actions via Engineering Manager Signalling in the corresponding region
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Knowledge of railway systems and equipment
- At least 2 years’ experience in Signalling Design activities on Customer Projects
- Formal technical qualification to degree standard in Electrical Engineering or related discipline is preferred though not essential.
- Awareness and experience in other railway system domains is an advantage (e.g. Train Control, Comms, ATP, ETCS, CBTC etc)
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
In return for your commitment to Siemens, you will be rewarded with a challenging and stimulating work environment, as well as a very attractive remuneration package including performance based incentive payments
Job ID: 117399
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time