Mindsphere Application Centre – Smart City
Digitalization is rapidly changing how we live, work and travel in cities. Faced with the challenges of growing cities and tightening budgets, more and more cities are innovating to evolve their services, make their infrastructure work harder and engage with their communities.
Through digitalization and technology we can transform our city. There are opportunities to grow our economies, how to provide a better quality of life and to enhance our environment. Smart cities, underpinned by good infrastructure connected with sensors and systems, data collection and analytics are opening completely new ways to even smarter digitally enhanced cities.
We are seeking for a motivated candidate who has a passion for technology to join our newly established team. You will contribute in establishing and developing analytics services in Hong Kong’s Smart City Development - focusing on management of our IoT cloud platform. The ideal candidate will provide solutions input and product management which he should possesses solid background in computer science/engineering, computational linguistics or information science and possesses working experience in at least one (and ideally a combination) of the following domains: data & text mining, machine learning and information visualization.
- Responsible for the IoT platform know-how within Hong Kong, Macau and Greater Bay Area
- Consulting and develop with potential customers for creating user stories based on the customer needs
- Define strategy and manage a team of software engineers to develop smart city solutions.
- Manage digital solutions among cross-functional world-wide teams
- Foster new data-driven approaches to generate business insight in order to address unanswered business problems in a proactive way.
- Validate, interpret and present data findings to both an expert and non-expert audience.
- Assess analytics scenarios by means of functional prototypes or pilot solutions. Build-up sustainable relationship with key business experts & clients as well as IT professionals to become a trusted partner for the field of data analytics.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and background information updates for the offer and contract
- Conduct technical presentations and demonstration
- Supporting marketing activities such as trade shows and conferences
- Provide support on the design of custom-made service products or solutions
- During proposal or bid preparation, develops/analyzes plans, contract specifications and/or other site and Customer information determining contract requirements (scope, solution, costs, risks/opportunities) supporting clarification of Customer inquiries.
- Make recommendation to improve operation
Individuals who meet the following requirements or possess the equivalent combination of competence and experience are invited to apply:
- Bachelor or Master Study (completed or near completion) in computer science, computational linguistics or information science (or equivalent).
- Knowledge and experience in the area of information retrieval, natural language processing, data analytics and information visualization.
- Excellent track record in managing software products and cloud IoT platform
- Well verse in cloud foundry development, C++, API, JSON, Java, IoT devices, digital and video analytics
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, ideally multi-lingual (Mandarin is a plus).
- Team player with a 'can do' attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects will be offered to the right candidate. Interested persons, please send your full resume with expected salary in your application by clicking “Apply Now” or by fax to (852) 2583-3328or by mail to:
The Human Resources
10/F. Tower B, Manulife Financial Centre,
223-231 Wai Yip Street,
Kwun Tong, Hong Kong
Applicants not hearing from us within 4 weeks from the date of advertisement may consider their applications filed for future reference. We reserve the right to review applications received for suitability for other posts within the company. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly for recruitment related purpose only. We shall retain the personal data of unsuccessful applicants for a period of 3 years.
Job ID: 117513
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time