Location: Gurgaon, India
Organization & BU: Gas & Power, EPC Projects
Position: Full- time
Job Family: Solution Engineering
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You are a hands on Stress Engineer, experienced in using the stress analysis software Caesar-II.
- Analysing the Boiler Proper (BP), NBEP (Non-boiler external piping) and BEP (Boiler external piping) (ASME-1, ASME 31.1 codes and rules applicability). Must be experienced in fixing the boundary conditions with balance of plant and the boiler pressure parts. (Knowledge of Tie-Ins at terminal points and simulation in the stress analysis)
- Boiler internal piping (BP) including the header and the tube bundles knowledge – Equivalent tube Bundle Simulation, Harp simulation model, Equivalent tube determination which is used as boundary condition in the boiler pipe stress analysis.
- Knowledge of Load cases and combinations, Hangers, snubbers, hydraulic dampers, strut systems, expansion joints/bellows and possible supports configuration.
- Knowledge of pipe thickness calculation and the codes, design of Trunnions on the pipes.
- Shall be able to model the supports like struts in the Caesar and simulate the actual supporting in layout.
- Shall be able to analyse considering the components like tanks in the analysis, define the input requirements for the stress analysis and be able to assume data based on experience in case the input is not available
- Knowledge of EN Codes and stress analysis with EN Codes.
- Code compliance and support design as per thermal and occasional loads – Standard and special supports. Supports selection from Lisega, PSL catalogues.
- Safety Valve Blowout design (Different methods of analysing the Savety Valve piping)
- Steam hammer calculation using Pseudo-Dynamic like Joukowsky. Knowledge of Dynamic analysis will be an added advantage.
- Water hammer analysis, Flange Leakage calculations, calculation of Wind factors and Seismic factors in coordination with structural engineers. Determining the governing cases.
- Optimization of design is expected from the engineer, Chemical cleaning, Hydrotest design, Creep and Fatigue Checks
- Nozzle Strength calculation WRC 107, WRC 297, API 610, API 617
- Preparation of Load tables to Civil with proper selection of load cases.
- Shall be able to handle Navisworks software and Supporting software wherever possible. (Intention is to assign the supporting concepts to Stress engineers to avoid the interface)
- Preparation of supporting inputs for piping engineers like supports list, loads etc.
- Documentation (ISO9001 requirements). Traceability of the documents. Structured handling and transmittal, storage of documents.
- Conducting design reviews and maintaining records of the reviews.
- Interdisciplinary coordination and informing the team of changes in real time.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- We are looking for an enthusiastic design engineer with a bachelor / Master’s degree in Mechanical engineering. (Bachelor Mechanical Compulsory)
- Experience in Stress Analysis of Boiler Intensive Piping +10 Years
- Accuracy and structured way of working is of the highest importance and one must be a real team player.
- Theoretical knowledge and experience in handling the boiler pressure parts stress analysis including header boundary conditions (Stiffness, rotations, bundle module stiffness analysis.
- Working together with other disciplines requires good communication skills and one must be willing to travel to the Netherlands for close cooperation with the colleagues of Siemens Netherlands.
- Expert Proficiency in Caesar II latest version.
- Knowledge of Rohr 2 will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of PDMS/E3D will be an added advantage
- Code familiarization - ASME Section I, ASME Section VIII Divn 1, ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, API 530, API 560 etc., EN codes
- Working knowledge of Autocad
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at:
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 117515
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time