Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally.
As a Siemens Healthineers company, NEO New Oncology GmbH is a dynamically growing diagnostics company offering products for molecular tumor profiling to identify optimal treatment options for cancer patients. Our technology platform “NEO” is based on next generation sequencing and proprietary computer algorithms. NEO reliably identifies therapy-relevant genetic alterations from standard clinical material such as FFPE specimens and liquid biopsies with short turnaround times and highest accuracy. Within NEO, we make a difference in the lives of people in need of cancer diagnostics to support therapy optimization and improved outcomes.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Your duties will include development and maintenance of the NEO NGS bioinformatic pipeline and analytical/software tools that enable comprehensive genetic tumour profiling and support large-scale bioinformatics analysis.
- To support the development of the NEO product portfolio, you will develop and improve bioinformatic algorithms to identify somatic genome alterations and genomic signatures in tumor DNA derived from clinical specimens such as FFPE, fresh frozen tissue or blood samples.
- Together with an international team of computational specialists, you will process and analyze large data sets generated by our NGS team as well develop analytical tools for troubleshooting.
- You will work with a high-end enterprise IT environment with a comprehensive collection of enterprise development tools and a number of in-house developed bioinformatic tools.
- You will document and test newly developed algorithms following company defined standard (e.g. IEC 62304 and 62366)
- You will support the “Assay team“ in developing new assays.
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at www.newoncology.com
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have successfully completed a degree in computational biology, bioinformatics, physiscs, computer science, mathematics, engeneering or another related discipline. You have preferably also completed a doctorate in one of the above areas.
- You have a sound knowledge of and experience with NGS data processing and evaluation using bioinformatic tools and databases. A good knowledge of cancer genetics and biology is also preferred.
· You have a solid grounding in established programming and scripting languages (such as C++, Python, R, etc.) and can demonstrate experience with regulated software development and the Agile software development methodology.
Your attributes and skills:
- You are creative and highly motivated to forge new paths and to drive forward the development of our NEO NGS bioinformatic pipeline in a process and project orientated environment.
- Strong communication skills and a high degree of initiative are an advantage for you as a team player.
- A good knowledge of German completes your profile.
- You are fluent in English (both spoken and written)
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at www.healthcare.siemens.de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities. Applications from individuals with disabilities
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Arne Wassermann
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
To all recruitment agencies:
Siemens Healthineers does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job alias, employees, or any other company location. Siemens Healthineers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 117581
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: NEO New Oncology GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time