We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. It follows that the buildings where we spend our lives have an enormous impact on our lives. On what we do, how we feel, who we are, who we become. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. A perfect place to learn. A perfect place to grow. A perfect place to prosper. A perfect place for every stage of life.
How? By driving and trendsetting force which joins in proven leading-edge technologies to increase productivity. The Digital Discrete Industries Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We perform a lot of exciting roles at Digital Discrete Industries. Here, we’re hiring for a Programmers. In this role, you’ll work more as a Software Engineer in charge of one or more Software projects, Programmers also serve as Technical advisers to management and provide programming perspective on requirements. Join our team and we will offer you the opportunity to enter a special management career path.
We make real what matters
- Responsible for Design of software solutions based on requirements and within the constraints of architectural /design guidelines
- Functional analysis of existing software
- Derive software requirements and software functional specification, validate software requirements, provide software feasibility analysis and software effort estimation
- Identify potential harmony and for re-use of components / technology
- Responsible for the accurate translation of software architecture into design and code
- Guide Scrum team members on all design topics & implementation consistency against the design/architecture
- Coding of features and/or bug-fixing and delivering solutions adhering to coding and quality guidelines, for self-owned components
- Guide the team in test automation design and also towards implementation of the same
- Collaborating with multi-functional and globally located teams
- Driving creative solutions within platform constraints and technical limitations.
- Prepares prototypes for internal review and brainstorming
What you need to make real what matters
- An engineering graduate with 5 years of experience in design and development
- Object Oriented Architecture and Design.
- Deep understanding and hands on experience on handling NFRs
- Sound knowledge of software engineering process and windows technologies
- Do you have experience in requirement engineering, design and implementation of complex interdependent projects?
- Ability to work as an individual contributor
- Experience in Software Architecture and software estimations
- Working Experience with Agile Teams preferable
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership, interpersonal communication, can-do, ambitious and motivating, result oriented, good oral and written communication ability to work as an individual contributor
This role is primarily based at Bangalore. However, you may get the opportunity to visit other locations within India as and when the work demands.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Digital Discrete Industries at: and about Siemens careers at:
Job ID: 117593
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time