The Siemens Gas & Power Operating Company is one of the leading global suppliers of EPC, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent Generation, transmission and distribution of electrical power.
As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Gas & Power offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need.
What are my responsibilities?
The Head of Hub Sales is responsible for the correct implementation of the sales and marketing strategy, with a view to attaining a defined New Orders target with the corresponding profitability in his or her region / country
• Establish, intensify and lever reliable long term relationships with customer
• Regular contact with relevant customer personal
• Observing and analyzing the market, competitors and customers
• Determining and ensuring the quality of market data and trends
• Maintaining the sales database
• Communicating market demands for the product portfolio team to the PLM process
• Drawing up marketing concepts, business plans and strategies
• Market launch of the product portfolio
• Drawing up of BTAs with HQ
• Break down the BTA targets to regional contributors and follow up of performance and achievements
• Assessment and development of the regional sales competencies
• New orders planning in compliance with the Business Unit regulations
• Identifying business opportunities and sales channels
• Identifying potential customers, understanding their order placement strategies and their decision makers and decision-making processes
• Drawing up feasibility studies as the basis for Go/No Go decisions
• Drawing up budget bids
• Determining the market price or the budget price for specific bids/projects
• Drawing up pre-qualification documents
Acquisition (New business)
• Drawing up Bid/No Bid documentation and deciding jointly with project
• Defining the bid structure, ensuring conformity of the bid contents with the defined strategy, and approval of the bid
• Performing the LoA process in conformity with guidelines and in compliance with the Business Unit regulations
• Determining the target price for specific bids/projects
• Supporting and coordinating technical clarification of the bid until placement of the order
• Conducting contract negotiations up to signing of the order
• Submitting the signed order to project management
• Drawing up a profit and loss calculation, possibly with support of project manager
• Setup and coordinate the sales (& project management) team according to
the team development plan
• Perform an appropriate PMP-process
• Early recognition of potential risk and (major) business impact
• Initiate escalation to make E T HS Management aware
• Lead escalation to avoid negative effect on business and to meet customer's needs
Managing internal processes
• Work in joint cross-group effort of all internal business partners to create business solutions with best economic results for both customer and Siemens
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- More than ten years Sales related experience with a track record of successful performance (new orders), preferably in transmission/ distribution industry or power generation business as well as EPC projects
- Experience in at least one organizational set up e.g. Division or Country Business is needed.
- Fluent English / Arabic.
- Communication & Presentation skills and Conflict Management. Knows how to build up networks and actively listens.
- Has theoretical and practical expertise in interpersonal relations: effective and professional communication, presentation and conflict management.
- Understands and lives standards of good conduct (e.g. Compliance). Applies all applicable rules, regulations and laws - in specific PM@Siemens and all applicable Sales processes
- Should have at least 5 years experience through international exposure.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Job ID: 117613
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time