What are my responsibilities?
Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for providing technical assistance to clients during the installation and commissioning of new mechanical equipment control systems, maintenance and upgrade of control systems. He/she will be responsible for trouble shooting control system problems encountered in the field environment, with engineering support from Siemens technical support group and corresponding factory. This position needs strong communication and client-facing skills, and also 70~80% travel to domestic and/or international job sites.
- Provides technical assistance on installation, startup, servicing, upgrade and troubleshooting of Siemens made control systems throughout China.
- Take lead for Siemens steam turbine, compressor unit commissioning at project site.
- Ability to read control systems schematics, programs, and other drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID’s) and blue prints
- Write clear, concise daily reports to keep factory and field personnel accurately apprised of job progress and to protect the company from liability for problems resulting from customer deviations from Siemens standards
- Complete the specified installation, commissioning and start up documentation prior to leaving each job site.
- Maintain and submit in a timely manner accurate expense reports and time sheets.
- Arrange professional travel to job sites through Siemens’s travel group per instructions received from the Field Service Manager or Field Service Coordinator.
- Instruct and train customers’ operators and/or maintenance personnel when requested or directed.
- Accurately record and report any problems encountered in the field to permit the factory to investigate and institute corrective action and to aid the factory in the equitable settlement of warranty claims.
- Be aware of potential opportunities to offer SIEMENS products and services and be able to discuss these with clients
- Actively recommend customer’s purchase of desirable spare parts.
- Support and participate in Siemens quality programs.
- Adhere to all the requirements of the Employee Code of Ethics.
- Finish other tasks assigned by manager.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering or Automation related major is preferred.
- 3+ yrs experience in dealing with installation, commissioning and troubleshooting of (Main) Rotating Equipment control systems, especial for industrial steam turbine and centrifugal compressor.
- Apart from the education degree required, the Field Service Representative should have had adequate safety training at supervisory level. Be familiar with the different customs at refinery, petro-chemical sites, and offshore production facilities. Have thorough knowledge about rotating equipment machinery.
- Adequate knowledges on common commercial PLC (i.e. Siemens, AB, Triconex, GE) and knowledge on instruments and field control device is preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form in English and in Chinese and to interface with in a wide range of organizations both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in Team Environment. Must have ability to develop client relationships, display excellent listening skills, and maintain a positive attitude.
Job ID: 117790
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time