What are my responsibilities?
To assist in the achievement of the Engineering Department’s objectives by engineering products, components or systems to meet customer requirements within contract costs or development budgets, timescales, and appropriate quality standards. Work includes giving technical support, e.g. answering queries, failure investigations, problem solving.
· Assess contract/project requirements, relevant design conditions and identify limitations and propose improvements
· Collect and process data required for design work
· Prepare models, drawings, bills of material and other specification
· Liaise with other Engineering Departments to correctly engineer the interfaces
· Develop solutions for design, manufacture and operating issues
· Transfer of relevant technical data to design sheet/technical report/technical documentation and issue to all relevant groups including draughts person
· Selection of appropriate material from those available and advice on applications
· Complete design calculations
· Ensure that the components/system is feasible, practical and cost effective
· Prepare and issue approved technical information in the appropriate system
· Compare with previous designs, advice on appropriate references or initiate new design
· Creation and modification of complex specifications and technical documentation
· Check all personal work before submitting for approval
· Check and approve models, drawings and BOM’s within their area of competence
· Provide task based man hour estimates and durations to support planning processes and provide feedback to Engineering Manager Project regarding progress issues
· Prioritize and schedule own work and that of a small team, and escalate conflicts and delays in a timely manner
· Provide input for the Engineering reporting process
· Identify technical, quality, schedule and budget risks and escalate to section manager or nominee with potential mitigation strategies or solutions
· Interface with others to ensure the “design intent” is carried through to completion
· Participate in the development of rules and tools
· Give technical support to and give presentations within Siemens, to customer, industry events, or a partner company as required with the support of section manager or their nominees
· Abide by and comply with the Company Code of Ethics and Business Conduct Guidelines and Confidential information
· Ensure at all times that assigned tasks are operated in line with the QA process and procedures, statutory, regulatory and EHS requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Experience in Transmission Solutions, Substations and associated technical specifications. (secondary design)
· Experience of working with Original Equipment Manufacturer preferred
· Understand and support project and quality management processes in turn-key projects.
· Definition of work packages
· ELCAD – CAE Software for Electrical Engineering
· Health & Safety: Understanding the health and Safety implications of work being carried out and advanced the group specific industry regulations and health and safety working practices
· Project Management Methods
· Quality Management Methods
What do I need to know?
· Capable of working in a multi-national and multi-cultural team
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 117933
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time