An experienced Project Manager (PM) is required to join the R&D Department to drive forward the development of R&D Projects in the Hardware Team.
The PM will be responsible for the planning, tracking and reporting of the hardware projects they will be managing. The focus of the role will be on enabling the effective coordination of activities leading to the successful delivery of projects on time and to budget.
The PM will liaise closely with other key roles in the organisation (e.g. project and programme managers, technical authorities, product line managers, etc.) to assist in ensuring the project meets the needs of the business.
What will be my responsibilities?
- Drive the creation of the Project Management Plan and assist with ensuring that new products or services are delivered according to the plan
- Draft the development schedule under the guidance of the PM and Project Management Office (PMO) and proactively monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Enable effective implementation of the company quality and safety management systems
- Managing the project’s budget, monitoring and reporting expenditures and costs as required during the project lifecycle
- Undertake effective resource planning, including skills analysis, to support the project schedule
- Identify and monitor external aspects impacting the project, and report/escalate issues accordingly
- Undertake effective Risk Management and reporting, leading stakeholder review of risks and driving the generation of effective mitigation plans
- Report progress of the project at regular intervals to the R&D Management team
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Experience of managing hardware projects; ideally those involving electro mechanical / Electronic development (essential)
- General Project management experience (essential)
- Experience with managing both internal and external customers (essential)
- Maintain project schedule and generate reports (essential)
- Managing risk and reporting issues to management (essential)
- Present project reports to the management (essential)
- Experience of Microsoft Project (essential)
- Knowledge of office tools like Excel for any metric/ KPI analysis (essential)
- Knowledge and experience of agile methods in hardware development
- Knowledge of supply chain processes
- Background knowledge of mechanical engineering / electronics
- Certified by a professional project management body such as APMP or PMI
- Experience in hardware development for the Rail industry
- Experience in safety critical development
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.