Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprise’s digital future — business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs — to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development. To get to know about us, you may visit https://www.siemens.com/mendix
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
· Building, shipping, and maintaining complex infrastructure at scale. The Mendix Cloud hosts tens of thousands of mission-critical customer applications, powering anything from insurance quotes, to ensuring that PostNL can deliver millions parcels on time.
· Specifically, you will be part of the team developing logging, monitoring, and backups infrastructure for the Mendix Cloud.
· We work as part of a scrum team, in 2 week sprints.
· You will help ensure all systems are always available by also being responsible for running them in production. We are a team with 3rd line on-call support duty.
We’re looking for you if:
· You have excellent coding skills in Python (5+ years preferred; 3+ acceptable for exceptional cases). You know your List from your Tuple, you know the difference between copy and deepcopy, you know the difference between list comprehensions and generator expressions, and you live and breathe the standard library.
· You have proven experience (at least 3 years) building cloud-based solutions. This would ideally be on AWS, but other clouds are fine too. AWS components that we use include: S3, RDS, Route 53, Kinesis, Lambda & SQS.
· You have experience building highly-scalable, highly-available, multi-region, and distributed systems and microservice architectures.
· You have good knowledge of Unix/Linux fundamentals.
· You have a DevOps mindset: you build it, you run it.
· You care about code quality, and know how to lead by example: from a clean Git history, to well thought-out unit and integration tests.
· You are willing and able to use your technical expertise to mentor, train, and lead other engineers.
Even better (but not essential!) if you have experience with:
· Some of the following Python frameworks/libraries: Flask, Pyramid, Django, Celery, SQLAlchemy, Boto3, Requests, Asyncio.
· Mendix’s low code platform - this is a huge plus, but not a requirement.
· IaC tools such as Terraform, Puppet, or Ansible
· Containerization technology and orchestration, e.g. Kubernetes/Docker & CloudFoundry.
· CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins.
· Building database driven applications, and understand the impact of inefficient queries on an RBDMS.
· TDD & BDD and know when and when not to use it.
Job ID: 117935
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time