To provide technical and engineering support to Customers (external and internal), act as a troubleshooter and/or consultant to Customers and service representatives, liaise between the international service departments and engineering departments and provide specific information to concerned parties in regard to Siemens Aero-derivative rotating equipment.
The major function of this position involves direct involvement with Customers, vendors and the company’s design engineering and project management teams, in the resolution of equipment and/or operational problems.
What are my Job Responsibilities?
- Act as technical consultant to Customers and service representatives.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with rotating products at the Customers’ installations and retrofit projects.
- Direct communications with vendors in the solution of auxiliary equipment failure or malfunction.
- Write technical reports with a high level of proficiency that will protect the interests of the Company.
- Identification of complaints of all Customer issues.
- Perform field tests on overall packages and components.
- Provide assistance to the parts department and engineering solution team in regard to the substitution, modification or repair of units or components.
- Assist Project team during planning and execution.
- Assist in the training of company and Customer personnel.
- Co-ordinate and provide start-up activities.
- Provide hands-on service and troubleshooting as required. At times, this will require traveling to site.
- Visit customer to discuss and review problem as and when required
- Capable and willing to assist the Product Support and Technical Support Manager in the office as required.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related/ equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in rotating equipment.
- Experience in PLC, Allen Bradley systems, etc.
- English skills are business fluent.
- Experience with intercultural and multi-location teams.
- Team player, take initiative, results oriented, excellent communication and networking skills.
Job ID: 117965
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time