We develop networks that power and heat our cities intelligently. And support NASA in their explorations of outer space. For these and many other future projects, we need smart thinkers who bring skill, creativity, and dedication to the table. People like you! Experienced researchers who boldly broaden horizons, true specialists, and clever minds who like to get to the bottom of things. In short, help us tackle the most exciting challenges and put into practice what really matters. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference. So what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
The Head of Communications (f/m/d) for Siemens Financial Services reports directly to the SFS CEO and is a member of the SFS Management Team. The role is based in Munich, Germany and he/she is responsible for SFS communication teams located in Germany, UK and the US.
What part will you play?
- You act as trusted advisor, proactively providing advice and feedback, for the SFS CEO, CFO and SFS senior management team members on all internal and external communications activities.
- You support the positioning of the SFS CEO, CFO and other SFS senior management team members by driving their communications on relevant strategic topics and developing SFS specific content.
- Moreover you refine and evolve the mid to long-term communications strategy for SFS, ensuring that the strategy addresses changes in markets, business models, target groups as well as communication modes.
- You ensure alignment with the global Siemens communication department and the other Siemens companies to enable impactful and consistent communications, global campaigns and targets.
- You steer the development of SFS Business Units-specific communications strategies in collaboration with the wider strategic development community, execute the SFS and BU-specific communications plans effectively and efficiently.
- Driving the innovation and digitalization in communications (e.g., Social Media, Web Presence) is also part of your responsibilities.
- You define SFS Communications targets on a yearly basis, using robust analytics to determine relevant and measurable KPIs. You proactively support the use of analytics and KPIs to assess performance of communications activities allowing for prompt adjustments in the activities / resource allocation, as and when required. You benchmark externally, especially towards main competitors.
- You lead, coach and develop SFS Communications team members located in Germany, UK and the US. You nurture “ownership culture” across the SFS Communications team, "Always act as if Siemens were your own company". You engage and retain identified talents and ensure a robust annual objective setting process for direct reports.
- The foundation of your success is a university degree or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 10 years of international experience in a leadership position in a communications and/or marketing department of a large multi-national organization or in a communications agency, with varied experience across functions, e.g., strategic communications, employee engagement, media relations.
- A solid knowledge of B2B Financial Services business models, FinTech and digitalization is a must, with B2B industry knowledge a definite advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working in complex, matrix organizations is required, with a strong business results orientation.
- You have a strong ability to interact, collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization, especially to C-level management.
- You have proven experience in managing and leading interdisciplinary teams toward common goals with track record in attracting, recruiting and developing talents in the team.
- Strategic thinking and solution orientation belong to your qualities as well as the ability to develop and implement strategies and pragmatic solutions.
- You thrive and adapt quickly in a fast-changing environment and drive required change and innovation.
- You are able to lead, manage, propose and take rational decisions in crisis situations.
- Language proficiency in German and English rounds off your profile, other languages are a plus.
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 118063
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time