Siemens are looking for an experienced Accountant to be responsible for the accuracy of the Siemens plc financial data. You will be involved in month end reporting, statutory accounting and will liaise with external audit. The ideal candidate would be a qualified accountant with an audit background preferable.
What are my responsibilities?
- Responsible for the accuracy of the Siemens plc financial data, including disclosure notes related to the IFRS financial statements.
- Further optimise the month and year-end closing procedures; standardising and improving efficiency using new digital tools and methods where possible.
- Participate in and contribute to project reviews with the businesses in Siemens plc.
- Monthly analytical reviews to monitor business postings and improve controls or reviews where necessary, working with the business as a central, head office contact.
- Leasing with the business as their central contact for any information required or to provide information to or from the head office in Germany.
- Ensure accurate accounting governance in critical accounting topics and keep up to date with new accounting standards.
- Documentation of critical accounting topics in accounting papers.
- Responsible for the formal approval and sign off of the monthly financial statements for Siemens plc including income statement, balance sheet and cash flow for group reporting.
- Responsible for co-ordinating the external audit requests on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts for the entities located in the UK.
- Responsible for the completion of outsourced internal controls, on behalf of North West Europe countries and legal entities, in line with the Siemens internal control framework.
- Involvement in M&A topics where applicable to Siemens plc, such as carve in / out activities, journal preparation, reconciliations / bridge to identify position pre and post carve out / in.
- Liaising with the business to ensure topics are understood, and support offered for unusual topics to ensure correct accounting treatment.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Strong working knowledge of IFRS and ICFR requirements
- Accounting qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) - This role would suit a newly qualified accountant
- Desirable to have worked in a financial audit function
- Comprehensive experience accounting processes and guidelines
- SAP knowledge would be preferable to aid accounting validation clearing at month end
- Experience optimising processes and using digital methods
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 118329
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time