Who we are?
Siemens is a global leader in the field of Engineering. We have numerous projects around the region in fields including Power Generation, Energy Management, Transportation and Oil & Gas.
The Sales Manager acts as the project or market champion within Gas and Power (GP) Oil & Gas, leading all aspects of the business and project development from the initial stages through order entry.
The incumbent manages the client interface, including presenting the value proposition and negotiating contractual terms. This role will support client activity during the business development phase, identifying the evaluators, influencing persons and decision-makers that are key to the project.
What are my responsibilities?
- Establishes a work plan and staffing for each phase of the project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of client services personnel in Project Development and Product Engineering and the product services account manager as Opportunity Pursuit Team members.
- Engages Legal/Contract Administration, Finance/Credit, Business Solutions, Controls Systems, Product Services business unit managers, and company management as necessary.
- Manages and directs preparation of the technical and commercial proposal, including the preparation of price recommendations based on market information, preparation of the value proposition, and completion of the risk assessment and project cash flow analysis per guidelines.
- Prepares business activity and forecast reports and delivers technical and commercial presentations for management and clients.
- Acts in a businesslike manner with regard to expenses, and meets the Siemens sales, bookings, and earnings objectives while representing the client to Siemens and ensuring they are treated fairly.
- Establishes and maintain a preferred provider relationship with the key decision-makers and influences within client organizations
- Develops Regional Marketing & Sales Plans while pro-actively developing opportunities.
- Routinely present to customers in both small and large forums an overview of Dresser-Rand, our go to market approach, and our capabilities.
- Monitor market activity and trends, including our competition, and providing feedback to the proposal team per Siemens guidelines.
- Provide leadership and focus for the growth initiative within Region.
What do I need to qualify for the job?
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years related work experience including rotating equipment sales and/or capital project business development experience, preferably within the oil & gas industry.
- Good understanding of machine design, thermodynamic principles and compressor and or gas turbine performance application theory.
- Possess a strong and confident presence in front of client.
- Willing to travel.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. #LI-SI
Job ID: 118332
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time