We are currently looking for an Installation Operative to join our Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions. As an Installation Operative you will undertake all new installation work and modification work to existing highways infrastructure including electrical testing and pre-commissioning activities as well as undertake minor maintenance activities e.g. lamp and detector faults.
We are looking for someone with electrical aptitude and an understanding of importance of health and safety at work. Traffic industry background isn’t essential as training will be provided.
This is a field service role to cover Hampshire region, therefore successful candidate will ideally be based in Hampshire.
- Installation of traffic signal assets (including the installation and wiring of controllers), ancillary equipment and/or highways systems unsupervised or as part of a team
- Complete electrical tests and pre-commissioning activities
- Liaising with customers and other contractors that may be on site
- Ensuring works are completed in accordance with the site specification, in a timely manner and to a sufficient quality level
- Periodic inspections with electrical testing
- Routine maintenance of highways infrastructure
- Standby for emergency repairs
- Out of hours working to support service and installation contract requirements
- Successful completion of mandatory NHSS training requirements
- Undertake appropriate training with the addition of new equipment and systems as and when necessary, via formal and informal training, including on the job training.
- In accordance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, all employees have a duty to comply with all Health and Safety Procedures and to be alert in identifying potential hazards by removing or minimizing them wherever possible.
- Any other duties reasonably requested within the skills required for the role
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- HNC / ONC / City and Guilds or equivalent experience in electrical engineering (desirable)
- Outlook - co-operative, helpful, willing to use initiative and conscientious
- Ability and confidence to work with various devices, including a tablet, on a daily basis
- Flexibility - willing to change, move from one activity or work area to another, learn new activities, pick up new jobs confidently and easily; demonstrate ability to perform tasks across installation and maintenance activities
- Effectiveness - drive and energy applied to work, accuracy and reliability, ability to get things right first time
- Teamwork - work towards the team's goals, work well with other people, communicate effectively within the team and contribute
- Experience of working on traffic signal equipment
- Experience of working outside and working at heights
- Working as part of a team and working unsupervised
- Installation and testing of electrical equipment in an industrial environment
- Maintaining electrical equipment in an industrial environment
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK and Ireland, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Make the future with us
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
Great minds think differently
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 118430
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time