Looking for challenging and future-oriented role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
We bring power to the people
We create a future to live in with a broad spectrum of products and solutions for the environmentally-compatible and resource-saving generation of power.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Responsible for supplier quality development and assurance of new as well as existing suppliers.
- Improve Quality and Delivery of purchased materials & support factories when problems occur
- Lead Supplier/ Part qualifications for new suppliers as well existing suppliers
- Technically strong enough to take call on product acceptance from usage standpoint.
- Drive cost, quality and lead time reduction improvement initiatives
- Technical partner to Strategic Procurement in Supplier Selection and Supplier Management
- Drive technical innovation in Qualification, Inspection and Reporting processes for supplier quality
- Lead Supplier audit program to ensure sustenance of Siemens quality policy
- Responsible for Driving Supplier Rating, Non-Conformance cost recovery from suppliers.
- Drive improvement (Internal / External) based on NCR analysis.
- Drive continuous improvement focusing on Cost out, Lead time reduction
- Responsible for updating and maintaining ASD- Approved Supplier Database
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical engineering graduate/post-graduate with 15+ years of experience in Steam turbine, or equivalent field especially into Sourcing, engineering or process engineering
- Strong technical know how on commodities i.e Casting, Machining, Forging, Fabrication and BoP
- Excellent knowledge about usage of components
- Self driven individual contributor
- Advanced skills in MS-Office
- Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written English
- Be comfortable in travelling to suppliers frequently (60%) to drive improvement and ready to hand hold supplier for development
- Certification in NDT at least Level-II is must
- Good understanding of machines required to manufacture component
- Must be able to read drawings and interpret standards
- Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
- Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
- Good knowledge on six sigma, lean principle and on QMS would be added advantage
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We are looking forward to getting to know you.
If you have any questions, just drop us an email, happy to answer any queries you may have.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 118547
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time