The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock team are currently recruiting for an Overhaul Maintenance Technician for our Manchester Depot. This role will be required to undertake Overhaul maintenance of the Depot Rolling Stock & Plant and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the depot. This is a permanent position working on shifts.
As an Overhaul Maintenance Technician, you are required to have a mechanical background (Electrical Knowledge would be an advantage) and experience of maintenance. We would be interested in candidates with and without a rail background due to the level of training that we provide.
What are my Responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake Overhaul maintenance of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Undertake train driving and preparation duties as required, apply train protection within the depot site.
- Fuelling, tanking and operation of controlled emission toilet (CET).
- When necessary assist with cleaning of rolling stock.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification (minimum) in a relevant engineer field.
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Knowledge of TACT, Equinox and the ability to use a computer.
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 118588
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time