Automation Engineer Offshore
Senior Automation engineer for offshore project engineering and services with ability to do troubleshooting, engineering, testing and offshore commissioning.
What are my responsibilities?
- Design Clarification: Reviewing the specifications released by customer; clarifying the scope and estimating man-hours and material requirements for jobs.
- Engineering: Assuring Software and hardware engineering testing jobs are done timely and within the budget.
- FAT: Organizing the review and test of engineered system with customers, conclude successful FAT with end users.
- Documentation: Assuring all project documentation is updated according to the documentation structure.
- Offshore work: Ensure that the final engineered solution is implemented successfully at offshore sites.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
In depth experience with the following technologies:
- Siemens PCS7 Automation System.
- Expert level knowledge of Siemens PLC systems: Simatic S7 400, F and FH Redundant & Safety Systems, S7 1200, S7 1500, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, Ethernet networks.
- Knowledge of Siemens Offshore Oil & Gas standards for offshore automation systems and ATEX standards
- Knowledge and work experience with Siemens PCS7 is a must and PCS7 V9.0 exposure is preferred. Full knowledge of Client-Server architectures, Historians, and knowledge of VMWare / Virtual systems is preferred
- Must be abreast with MS office applications. Knowledge of Autocad, Sigraph or Eplan is preferred
- Windows Server, MS SQL Server, VMWare / Virtualization
- Hands on work experience with SCADA, ESD and F&G systems
- Electrical wiring in low voltage cabinets, ability to develop engineering drawings and wiring schematics for automation systems
- Candidate needs to undergo offshore safety trainings e.g.: BOSIET, OLF, OPITO, HUET, H2S, etc.
- 8 or more years of experience as a Automation Engineer preferably with Oil & Gas, and having offshore work experience
- Must be able to work independently and in team format.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline (Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science / Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, etc.)
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 118830
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: S'Ind. Inc._USA/QAT/PE Oatar
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time